Storm Sewer & Flood Modeling

Welcome to the Innovyze Stormwater, Sewer, and Flood modeling feedback page.

This forum is the place to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback about our Stormwater, Sewer and Flood Modeling offerings.  For more information about these offerings, please visit: http://go.innovyze.com/Storm-Sewer-Flood

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please provide Intellisense to the SQL Editor in ICM

I want the SQL Editor to help me write SQL queries by color coding and autocompleting data, similar to Intellisence.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adjust mesh locally without remeshing all

Adjust mesh locally without having to remesh the entire 2D zone.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Simulation engine control update

Since the beginning of ICM and allowing to send simulation to other computers in the network, there was a need for knowing exactly who is currently sending simulations and to which computer. Please update the ICM with this improved functionality for the normal user, not for admin only. These people are the ones who send simulation to the network, not IT people!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. RDII Analyst (in ICM)

Provide RDII Analyst without needing to purchase InfoSWMM

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. River Reach Build Process

Provide a way to accept the default "steps" and rebuild all reach information

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Initialize reservoir levels from measured data in ICM / ICMLive

Currently I can force my live simulations to initialize with measured level using dummy outfalls and sluice gates that close after the simulation starts with RTC, but that's very cumbersome to maintain.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow simple time delay between subcatchment and manhole

After pruning my network, I want ICM to apply a simple time delay to flow from distant subcatchments to represent the travel time through smaller pipes before reaching the main transmission system.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hydrology  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add FHWA culvert modeling for ICM

Add this functionality to ICM.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. AutoCAD DWG Background

As a user, I would like to have AutoCAD drawing files as a part of my map control (background) so I can see my AutoCAD Civil 3D design.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. GDA2020 Spatial Reference to be included in all our georeferenced products

Inclusion of the new GDA2020 Spatial reference in Innovyze products to allow users to update their model projections.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Validation as a background task

Validation as a background task so UI isn't locked.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Flow Survey importer

It would be good to update the flow survey object and importer, giving this a more updated feel and removing some of the steps.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Calibration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Chicago Storm Generator

As a user, I want to generate a synthetic hyetorapg (Chicago Storm) rainfall based on IDF relationship so these storms can be used in ICM.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydrology  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide EPASWMM5 Simulations in InfoWorks

Allow me the ability to run SWMM5 in InfoWorks ICM

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ground Models Management for combining

Provide a method to merge an existing ground model with a proposed condition model

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Terrain  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a modelling confidence field into the User Defined Flags

This could simply be an additional free text field in the "User Defined Flags" window labelled "confidence" OR the user is able to define their own but they are limited to 5-7 options.

The benefit is that when users pick up a model they better understand the confidence associated with each flag. Generally the "Description" field is currently seen as a "source" field. The users can then use SQLs / Ruby to build their own model confidence tools as they see fit while allowing greater transparency and functionality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Customization of Grid Windows in InfoWorks ICM

Allow custom grid window layouts in InfoWorks ICM, much like the Property window. Allow the user to reorganize the columns, change the column widths, or hide unnecessary columns, and save it as a layout to be applied as a default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow user default sorting of Master Database, and sorting of Layers and Themes properties

In InfoWorks ICM, allow the user to choose the default sorting of the Master Database and allow sorting of the Layers and Themes in Geoplan Properties and Themes.

I would like to be able to have the master database automatically/default sorted based on something else (description/ID/User/Date).

Would also like to sort the Layers & Themes dialogue, as it seems pretty random (not even alphabetical!) and often difficult to find the layer I'm looking for.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add SWMM5 Ideal Pump to InfoWorks ICM

Does InfoWorks ICM have an equivalent to an ideal pump in SWMM which pumps whatever is entering the SPS out of the SPS?

It would be a good feature to include into infoworks as I needed to play around a bit to get it. I found I had to add line 2 or the pump kept on turning off rather than flow pacing.

I have seen a screw pump used previously to pump out what comes into the SPS but dependent upon the head discharge parameters this can back up the incoming sewer. If I set a curve similar to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Expanded Arithmetic Functions in the Statistics Templates for Events

"We are exploring possibilities of doing some post-processing within Infoworks. Right now, we are looking for an option that would summarize CSO volume with an offset instead of threshold; i.e. instead of ignoring anything smaller than a threshold and counting everything greater than that as a whole we want it to subtract a certain amount"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base