Skip to content

Storm Sewer & Flood Modeling

Welcome to the Innovyze Stormwater, Sewer, and Flood modeling feedback page.

This forum is now locked as we transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

30 results found

1. Create an RTC field within object properties in ICM

Currently in order to establish where & how RTC's are influencing a network, you are required to open the RTC editor window / expand each individual RTC to see all the details & cross reference any object ID's to see if it may be affecting an area you are interested in. This is time consuming and not practical for larger models which may have dozens of RTC's active.

If there was a field within each object that could indicate if RTC had been applied and reference it (in a similar fashion to head discharge tables), this would be helpful and…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Visualization  ·  Admin →
  2. Cumulative flow for comparison (via Result> Graph Report>Location/Simulation report

When producing flow comparison in InfoWorks ICM (via Result> Graph Report>Location/Simulation report) please add the cumulative flow (dynamically for the visible range). Currently this is available only for Graphing any single pipe. And also give option to check/uncheck any given time series visibility when more than 2 hydrograph is compared. Also, It appears ‘Statistics Blocks’ font size/style cannot be altered.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Admin →
  3. Copying view from one network to another

It would be useful to be able to take the view from one open network (X, Y and Zoom level) and apply it quickly to another network - e.g. to do a quick visual comparison between the two networks.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It will great if we can control the display of the labels in ICM to have a better visualization.

For example : the possiblity of changing the precision in the labels (the decimal number of the value )

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Volume on a discharge graph with results section

When we display the graph of the discharge (flow through line) of a results section (line object), we don’t have access of the information about the volume (usually when we display a discharge graph, the volume is indicated at the bottom of the graph, but it’s not the case with a results section).
    It could be interesting to have this information about the volume (especially because the results section are a tool very useful to use).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. As a user I want to change the amount of decimals when applying Autolabels in Infoworks ICM

I want to change the amount of decimals when I apply Autolabels in Properties and Themes. Right now the default is three decimal places which I cannot edit.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable true 'zooming out' on graphs

I am not sure if this is intended behavior, or if it is actually a bug/oversight, but I would like to request the 'zoom out' tool zooms out from the CURRENT POSITION, by one zoom increment (so just the reverse of how the zoom in works using the mouse scroll wheel). This would keep the zoom in/out consistent with how the GeoPlan zooming works.

If you 'zoom in' to a graph (with the mouse scroll wheel or the 'zoom in' tool), and then pan across to a different time, and then try to 'zoom out', it doesn't work as expected.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Theme mapping for rain gauges boundary lines generated using Thiessen polygons method

Boundary lines generated with the Thiessen Polygon methodology to define the boundaries for different rain gauges are too thin when they are automatically generated inside ICM. This make them quite difficult to see when a model is loaded with many different type of objects as sub catchments, mesh zones, roughness zones, etc.

Providing our users with the ability to change thickness/colour/line type in a new row in the Properties and Themes, will allow a better visualization, therefore, better understanding in the Geoplan on how each rain gauge affect different zones of the model.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Wet Well Graph

As a modeler, I would like to see a plot showing everything for a pump station in one place. See the attached figure. Inflow/outflow and the flows from each pump. The 3D chart helps a lot showing which line is which.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Zoom graphs on either axis

Many software suites allow the option to zoom in on both y and x axes on their graphs. However, ICM only allows zooming on the x-axis which often takes away the ability to see trends for lower or higher conditions. I am aware that it is possible to change the y-axis range in properties, but that is not desired since it requires changing the range numerous times as you pan through the data. This is a major caveat which sometimes changes our choice of modeling software, especially for systems which require heavy calibration and data visualization.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Disabling Link Label in 3D MH

In 3D MH window and visualization, to add feature to show or remove links label. I suggest removing the labels as a future feature for ICM.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. zoom to selection

I am using a Ruby script that dynamically updates the current selection.

I would like to be able to be invoke the "zoom to selection" user-interface function from within the script so that the progress of the script can be viewed by end-users. It would also be useful in developing and checking the logic of the script.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Layer list theme view

Theme view that shows the background layer themes. So if I have created a theme on a layer I'd like to be able to see that theme without going in to the layer list properties etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change coordinate system of a model more easily

We have a large project running for several years and our design team is working in one coordinate frame. Our clients models are all in another coordinate frame. Our team would like to reproject the models into the design coordinate frame but there is no easy way of doing this. Currently, we are exporting the models to TAB files (table by table) and importing them again after changing the coordinate system. This is time consuming and introduces a lot of potential for human error. There is also no way to (I know of) to maintain all the scenarios so we…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Long-sections: Centre Geoplan on the selected link

It would be handy if the Geoplan centred on the selected link when selecting a long section. It seems every time select a long-section the windows split into two halves, one for the geoplan, the other for the long-section. As a result the link I just selected is seldom visible in the geoplan frame, meaning I have to manually re-center the geoplan before I can carry on selecting links for the long section.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want Long-Sections of a pipe to show the unconnected pipes which cross

On a Long-Section of a pipe, I would like ICM to show the unconnected pipes which cross that long-section. This would illustrate potential pipe clashes.

I imagine the unconnected pipes would be shown as circles on the long-section similar to how connected pipes are currently shown.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea.

We need more information on the problem of pipe clashes. Are these unconnected pipes in the model or are they referencing Asset networks, or Water networks?

How granular of a view does one need? I.e. are you interesting in generally where these crossing occur, or are you trying to identify how close you can cross something else?

17. Option to pan through 2 or multiple geoplans at the same time

Sometimes (in ICM and IAM) in comparing 2 (or more) networks visually the networks are most of the time tiled horizontally of vertically. But when panning through one network, it would be very convenient that the other network(s) is/are also moving.
    Suggestion: An option to visually connect different networks. One is the main and the other networks will be the connected and they will all get the same size. The connected networks will get the zoom factor and the extents of the main network. While panning through one of the networks (preferably the main network) the others will follow.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. RTC rule themes

It would be great if it was possible to theme in the GeoPlan on the basis of the rules which are active for a given object at the visible timestep.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add support to the GIS Layer Control to access the new OS Open Data API's WMTS

Enhance/Add support to the GIS Layer Control to access the new OS Open Data API's WMTS. It appears at the minute you can only add WMS layers.

https://osdatahub.os.uk/

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  pascal.lang responded

Thanks for the request, we will look into what this would involve.

20. Option to disable flag colour backgrounds for Custom Labels

When creating a custom label and using field values, the values have a background in the colour of the flag value. In many cases, the flag value is not a suitable colour to be a background and makes the text difficult to read.
    Could you make an option in the Formatting settings for custom labels to disable this behaviour so that the flag colour is not displayed.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  3 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base