Skip to content

Storm Sewer & Flood Modeling

Welcome to the Innovyze Stormwater, Sewer, and Flood modeling feedback page.

This forum is now locked as we transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

21 results found

1. MULTIPURPOSE 2D ZONE

Often, I have to duplicate multiple zones to attach different attributes, such as level, roughness, infiltration and even mesh size,

It would be so much more efficient to be able to include all these attributes in a single zone type. For example, to select all building polygons and turn them into the SUPER zone; and then apply a roughness, infiltration, mesh size and raise them be say 300mm above the ground model. Utopia?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve database and results files read performance

When opening an ICM network for the first time (i.e. no network files in the local files "Working" folder), the WDS reads through the database file in 4 kB chunks to retrieve the requested version of the network. This read process appears to be limited to a disk "queue depth" of 1 and is therefore very sensitive to drive latency. In a cloud environment, drive latency can be in single digit milliseconds. Therefore, the read process might achieve 400 x 4 kB = 1.6 MB per second. If the database file is large, it can take many minutes for the…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Import\Export ESRI ArcGIS Pro data into InfoWorks ICM

I would like to exchange data between InfoWorks ICM and ESRI.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Storage area polygons

Storage nodes often represent detention basins or other locations with large areas. Pipes enter/leave from opposite sides. With the standard link/node configuration, one or more link will be mis-configured compared to the actual location.

I have long wanted to have a storage area polygon, with links connecting to the nearest edge, rather than the center.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Admin →

Great ideas!  The goal is the simplify the physical location to either measured (as-built) or designed locations of pond outfalls, while either logically enforcing the relationship of outfalls to pond/outlet without forced links that do not represent physical pipes.

5. Calculating volume storage on river reaches

In the application of ICM, we often count the regulation volume of river channels.But at the moment we can only calculatethe total available volume of channels/river reaches between two cross sections by using length and cross sectional areas.If the number of river sections is very large in the model,it will take a lot of time and effort to accomplish this work. It would be great to have the tool to calculate volume storage on river reaches automatically.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DISCUSSION  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Admin →
  6. 29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sim Slots

There should be an option to select to limit sim slots to be used by a model so other models dont go in waiting when running sims simulataneously .

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    IN DISCUSSION  ·  pascal.lang responded

Hello there,

If my understanding of the request is correct then I believe that this capability does already exist in the agent options. If you are able to start the InfoWorks ICM agent manager, then here it is possible to set a maximum number of concurrent simulations which can be active at any one time.

Thanks,
    Pascal

8. Integrate a Template option for setting out run group in Infoworks ICM

I am working on project which includes 50 models. where we have to give runs for different return periods and durations for each model. It is a time taking process, which unnecessarily create chances of error by creating run setup every time. is it possible to include a run set up template, which can be changed as per the user requirement and saved for the further use.?

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have multiple Workgroup Data Servers

I want to be able to segregate databases between different parts of the business so they only have visibility of, and access those specific to them. Having the ability to install multiple WDS on a single server makes sense from a cost/configuration/data segregation perspective but currently this isn't possible.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DISCUSSION  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  10. Convergence Errors be resolved automatically while the model is simulated

Sometime a TSR running for few weeks throws up convergence hence these sims need to be rerun with shorter timestep which is both inefficient and a lot of time is wasted. It would be good if somehow the simulations dialog allowed to run the model with Max and Min timestep so that when it encounters convergence there after the model runs with shorter timestep. (I understand the model does timestep halving but even then it fails to converge)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for this, there is already a mechanism available for achieving something very similar to this. If you have a network and then go to the simulation parameters for this network via Model > Model parameters > Simulation parameters then within these there is an entry for “Max number of timestep halvings”. Depending on the timestep in the run dialog and the entry in the simulation parameters here you will be able to determine the minimum computational timestep that the engine goes to before failing a simulation.

Hope this helps.

11. Set up runs more efficiently

Is there a matrix type tool in ICM that allows you to easily set up complicated run set ups? i.e. for this 1 Model Network, these runs with use these rainfall files, inflow files, WWG, etc are needed.

Model Name
    Base Model

Rainfall Inflow WWG Tradeflows
    M5-30 Inf-M5-30 WWG1 Trade1
    M5-240 Inf-M5-240 WWG1 Trade1
    M5-960 Inf-M5-960 WWG1 Trade1
    M10-30 Inf-M10-30 WWG1 Trade1
    M10-240 Inf-M10-240 WWG1 Trade1
    M10-960Inf-M10-960 WWG1 Trade1

With same timesteps and 2D parameters?

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support for multiple screens

Would like to be able to work across multiple screens - plan view on one screen and long section/grid/graph on another.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. As a user, I would like to be able to import polygon with holes in it (donut) as subcatchments,

So that I can model situation part of the drainage area is not draining to the storm sewer system.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hydrology  ·  Admin →

Have you attempted to do the import using the “Import as multi-part polygons” option on the Open Data Import Centre?

14. Enable Data Flags for bed levels and roughness values in river section data

Enable data flagging for the bed level and roughness values within the river cross section data. This information was available in RS and is sorely missed.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Set database management permissions

(Workgroup) database permissions are now mainly used to prevent users from modifying content within the database, but there is currently no way to prevent them from updating databases, creating new ones unlimitedly on servers with otherwise protected access etc. It would therefore be useful to have an additional security level which deals with database management permissions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

Thank you for this request.

There are already settings available for database creation permissions which can be implemented using the snumbat.ini file.

Specifically there is a keyword “AllowDatabaseCreation” where a setting of 0 means creation is disallowed and a settings of 1 means creation is allowed. The Workgroup Data Server Administration document which can be requested from Innovyze talks through these steps and provides examples for the snumbat.ini files.

When it comes to the updating of databases, is this to restrict the ability to update from a particular software version database to a later one or rather to prevent update to the contents of the database please?

Thanks,
    Pascal

16. Infoworks ICM - Import CAD files

Import CAD files as a background, network, and/or to be able to utilise it to create a surface from.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Validation as a background task

Validation as a background task so UI isn't locked.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →

We have spent quite a bit of time investigating how validation improvements might be achieved, whether that be through validation as a background task or whether it be with improvements on the speed of validation in the first place.

There is no silver bullet which has been identified so far, the validation is already very efficient with minimal potential for speed improvements and there are issues with it as a background task as previously mentioned which we haven’t got fully fledged solutions to yet.

18. Select objects outside polygon in SQL

In Infoworks ICM the SQL select has a spatial search option where I can, for example, select all nodes within a 2D zone.
    I am wanting to select all nodes outside the 2D zones, and this I am unable to do as inverting the selection will select all objects. not just nodes.
    I want to do this as I am only trying to run a subcatchment of a larger model and wish to change the node type of the nodes outside the 2D zone so they dont try to connect to the surface. Infoworks seems to prevent a model from…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Admin →

Hello, thank you for this. In this particular example could you invert the selection, which I appreciate will select all objects other than the nodes inside the 2D zone and then hold down CTRL while opening the Nodes grid? This should open the nodes grid with only the selected nodes active so that the flood type can be changed if needed.

19. On behave of Chinese users, could developing team transfer drainage design module from infoSwmm into ICM?

On behave of Chinese users, could developing team transfer drainage design module from infoSwmm into ICM?

Clients in China do have this wish to do drainage and model in same software. Many of our potential client choose Hongye (a simple drainage modelling software) instead of ICM only because Hongye could do pipe design work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

Thanks for raising this request on User Voice. For the drainage design requirements across the globe at a localised scale we have InfoDrainage, when looking to take a design which has been produced and to then understand the more holistic catchment wide impact of such a design, this is where the model can be imported into InfoWorks ICM for integration. It is probably worth exploring this in more detail in this instance to understand exactly what the end goal the client is after and at what scale the work is being completed if that would be possible.

20. Simulation engine control update

Since the beginning of ICM and allowing to send simulation to other computers in the network, there was a need for knowing exactly who is currently sending simulations and to which computer. Please update the ICM with this improved functionality for the normal user, not for admin only. These people are the ones who send simulation to the network, not IT people!

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the addition of this request, we are in discussions about how this might be achieved as the level of awareness of tasks is varied between agents. Would a dashboard showing who sent which simulation where (which are still ongoing) be sufficient? This would be without the progress those simulations have already made available as a first step.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base