Skip to content

Water Distribution

This form is now locked to allow us to transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

31 results found

1. Access to UDF Data through DB Editor

In InfoWater Pro, the model data can be accessed through the DB Editor. The UDF tool does not have any access to the database tables through the DB Editor. It would be very helpful if I could gain access to the UDF tables through the DB Editor, even if it were just under the Advanced Application Data (for Advanced Users), which most users should not use. I ended up having to use a different application to gain access to the DB tables.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  2. Add multiple rows to the InfoWater "Rule Header" DB table

In the "Pipe Control" or "Node Control" DB tables, I can insert or append multiple rows at once. In the "Rule Header" DB table, I can only insert or append one row at a time, and each row must have an ID.
    Please make the behavior of this table consistent with the other control tables and allow adding multiple rows at the same time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  3. Customize ArcGIS Pro ribbon with command center modeling tools

While building and editing models, I want to customize easy access to tools currently burried in the Command Center (e.g. Trace Network, Join/Remove Layer tables, Clear message board, etc.).
    ArcGIS Pro lets you customize toolbars, but these commands aren't yet available.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Contours and Spot Elevation data for Elevation Extractor in InfoWater Pro

While rasters remain the best way to assign elevations throughout the model, InfoWater also supported other formats using interpolation such as contours and point elevation.
    Please add these file types in InfoWater Pro.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Batch Edit Datasets

Currently if there needs to be a global change to a dataset, the only way is to manually go through each dataset and change the element property and save. As an example, if a valve needs to be closed in multiple datasets, it would be nice to have a tool to allow that change happen to all desired datasets at one time.

This feedback also goes along with the previous posted feedback title: "Data Sets" by Kathryn Carreira and "Push Changes From Parent to Child(ren) Scenarios" by Joe Lawrence.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I want more flexible shutdown runs

e.g.: I want to be able to evaluate shutdwon of pumping stations in 1 one run, now I have to create a seperate run for each pumping station. A workaround I use is closing links with a GRM config, but this only shuts down links for the whole simulation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Further "Set Area Codes" functionality - InfoWorks WS Pro

2 feature requests for consideration, both relating to the “set area codes” functionality in InfoWorks WS Pro:
    1. The ability to save the “set area code” configuration, whether that be in a model tree group or as a cfg file, so that you don’t have to reset all preferences every time you open the tool
    2. A “pause area code identification” button so that you can make multiple changes to assets without having to wait for the area codes to recalculate after every minor change (and without having to close the set area code window to prevent the recalculation, which…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow InfoWater to export simulation results in CSV format instead of DBF

The option to "Export simulation results for external application" in InfoWater would be more useful if the results were exported as CSV files instead of DBF files. We regularly need to compare the results from multiple model scenarios. Microsoft PowerBI or Excel PowerQuery are great tools for importing and comparing large amounts of data and could streamline this process significantly. However, neither support importing directly from DBF files.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Persistent Graphs in InfoWater/InfoWater Pro

Stored graphs aren't that great. Why not just make graphs persistent? This is one area where competitors blow away InfoWater and InfoWater Pro. No contest.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ON ROADMAP  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Customized Reports to Also Include Standard and Fireflow Results - Just Have One Result Table

Currently all model element information and results are separated between the DB Editor, Customizable Report, and Output Report/Graph. This is confusing and hard to export specific information together without having to combine it later in Excel or GIS. The main frustration is that the “Standard” or “Design Fireflow” in the Output Report/Graph results are completely separate from other information related to the model elements. As an example, it would be nice to export all fire flow results for junctions alongside any custom fields made in the DB Editor for easy referencing.
    In short, instead of having three types of tables…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  11. Default Symbol and Map Display

Please allow the option to choose the default symbol (InfoWater Model Preferences) and Map Display symbol from the "Styles" built into ArcGIS Pro. Both ESRI and my company have custom .stylx files that house our custom symbols for points, polylines, and polygons. Having the option to chose the default style from these pre-populated styles would be fantastic. Currently, the options to change the symbol feel like it limits the modeler to changing either the color or the size.

To see where these styles live in ArcGIS Pro, head to the View tab, click on Catalog Pane, then drop down the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide a Standard Warehouse of new assets

Allow the company that is running the software to define a standard warehouse of new assets so the modellers using it know the assets they are adding have the settings (diameters) of the actual assets or pipes that particular company uses.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. New Feature is Active in All Scenarios Option (InfoWater/Pro)

Add a tools/options option so when you add new features they will be active in all scenarios, instead of getting errors 100 times for every scenario you try to run where the features were not included originally. This would be especially useful when using Intelliselection.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sort selection sets/ re-order them

Would be very useful if you could either sort selection set orders or move selections up or down the list. This would make it much faster to find the selection set you want in a large list (e.g. DMA selection sets in alphabetical order)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  15. InfoWater: Report volume stored in tanks

I can calculate volume from level, but it's an extra step and requires that I copy the run results out to Excel. It's even more difficult if I have a non-circular tank. Please include tank volume in the tank results and in the "System Demand" report.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Multi-thread simulations

As a user I want to take advantage of multi-threaded CPUs to accelerate simulation intensive procedures (e.g. design calibration)

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add ability to rename datasets, patterns, queries, etc

1. Allow the "Change ID" tool to rename datasets, patterns, queries, etc.
    2. Make the "Change ID" window wider or resizeable to fit longer IDs.
    10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
    RECEIVED  ·  Luca Serena responded

Partially completed: “Change ID” window is now resizable. Functionality available from InfoWater Pro 3.5 Update 2. Target release data April 2021

18. Be able to change the background colour

In InfoWorks the background colour for the GeoPlan is white - it would be beneficial to change this colour to the users choice to make particular features stand-out more clearly in the GeoPlan view

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like more informative error messages when trying to Change an ID

I tried to change the ID for a pump, but I overlooked the “Target Element Type” dropdown, which was automatically set to junction.

It took me a while to realize my mistake. It might be helpful to other users if the error messages/warnings (see below) were a bit more informative… I’d suggest something like “WARNING: Junction ID ‘P1240’ does not exist.” I think this would have helped me realize my error much sooner.

WARNING: unable to change Junction ID from 'P1240' to 'P1241'.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Node Name Generation Default

In WS PRO it would be great to be able to set Node Name Generation format as a default for all networks in a database instead of having to enter it in every time I want to add nodes to a network

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DISCUSSION  ·  Luca Serena responded

The functionality is already provided with the Digitisation Template in WS Pro. Please confirm what enhancement are you suggesting. Thanks

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base