Skip to content

Water Distribution

This form is now locked to allow us to transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

16 results found

1. Making a run in WS/WSpro now a (big) list of yellow warnings pop up. By using an optional selection of (run)validation items not anymore

Making a run in WS/WSpro the input always gets fully validated including items not used. Those items creates a (big) list (e.g. 81.273) of yellow warnings. Besides run/validation time causes this a list of not wanted necessary warnings which makes it's possible to miss the real important warnings. It would be nicer to switch on/of default validation options in the Tab Tools/options/"used validation items"
    The possibility of the "engineering validation" group is not the solution.

Regards Jeroen Fietje Vitens (The Netherlands)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. Change the default colour of the background from white to other colours

Change the default colour of the background from white to other colours to help the user interface and improve the user experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. Include an "excluded search nodes" warning in fireflow output table

When the design pressure exceeds the static pressure at a particular node, that node will be excluded from a design fireflow model run. The output table should include a banner at the top listing the excluded nodes, as these can make a big difference in available flows and can easily be overlooked. Currently, this event is only described in the .RPT file (shown as "Summary of Excluded Search Nodes: due to static pressure < design pressure").

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  4. Addition of Calendar function to DemandWatch Pro

The current DemandWatch Pro doesn't have any functionality to set national holidays, even though water consumption should change on holidays greatly. Some national holidays are different yearly, so it will be great if we can define national holidays in some ways in DemandWatch Pro.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Create a ground model using LIDAR data in a .tif format

LIDAR data is now typically stored in a .tif format as opposed to .asc, and so it would be useful to be able to create a ground model in Infoworks WS Pro using .tif data.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Modify How InfoSurge Counts Features for Licensing

We have 20,000-pipe InfoSurge licenses. We frequently have operational models larger than that, where we want to perform Surge modeling. Even if we deactivate portions of the network, InfoSurge still counts the total number of features. This wastes time deleting features to make a new model that is then possibly diverging from the original.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Display Warnings when Tank Stage/Volume Curve Inconsistent with Levels

As far as I can tell this is an EPANET bug, but say your tank levels are set to minimum 4 and maximum 20. If you have a stage/volume curve that goes below 4, your tank will supply water forever from a level of 4 feet.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Simple Criticality Assessment Manager reporting in InfoWater Pro

I want a simple report for each pounded area between valves, reporting the length of pipe affected, number of customers, number of critical customers, amount of demand taken offline by isolation, and possibly the total volume of demand lost between a specified time range.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ON ROADMAP  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  9. Statistics in Demand Field Suming

I notice that the software seems to sum the individual demands in the DB editor with their rounded values. This caused a significant discrepancy when summing the demands in the individual pressure zones but they didn't add up the to total system demand shown in the run report. It seems like the summation in the DB editor should not be rounding the individual demands and then doing a sum, but rather using the true demands (to the decimal place they was loaded) and then doing a sum and rounding that overall sum.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Consistency in Plots Titles for Simulation and Live Data Plot Reports

Consistency in Plots Titles for Simulation and Live Data Plot Reports

In Graph tool plot title include ‘Asset ID’ and ‘Node ID’ e.g. “Hausegill SR (Reservoir: 004T4011)”. However in the Simulation report in only shows ‘Node ID ‘ e.g. ”004T4011”
    Could it be made consistent and for the Simulation report to include both ‘Asset ID’ and ‘Node ID’ so plot titles are the same across different graphs components.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. CAM Enhancement

CAM Enhancements

A few things to consider that I think would make your tool better than others I have seen/used:

1. The ability to export the pounded areas into GIS. It seems to me this shouldn’t be difficult as you are color coding them now in your software
    2. The ability to export the other results to GIS like closed elements, isolated junctions, etc… into GIS.
    3. The ability to identify the number of customers (i.e. meters) and the number of critical customers (i.e. meters) isolated for each pounded area. This would require a GIS point layer with meters associated with pipes and…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Extend flexibility in displaying information associated to HGL profiles

As an InfoWater user I'd like to be able to add more information to my HGL profile, including nodal pressure, pipe diameter, flow, velocity, etc. I'd like see max/min level achieved throughout the simulation and have the ability to quickly add pipes to profile

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  13. Head Units

In WS Pro it would be useful to be able to set the units for head in m AD. This used to be an option in WS. It can be confusing for people starting in or not familiar with modelling to differentiate between pressure and head and having this option would really help.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A simple way to straighten short links to display symbols more clearly

When using the "Expand Short Links" option I find that the expanded links will inherit some geometric points from the adjacent links, and hence symbols for valves, meters etc may not display too well if adjacent to a pipe bend. It would be useful to have a function to delete all bends from a selected group of links, so as to straighten the links out to enable symbols to be displayed more clearly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hyperlinks to specific pages within a document, not just the file/folder

When adding hyperlinks to features within the properties, enable the ability to link to a specific page within the document itself rather than just opening the document on the first page or folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow copying of model object Sub-themes to Theme objects in the db tree

The ability to use the 'copy sub-theme' functionality from the Properties & Themes dialog to copy sub-themes to Theme objects that are saved in the database tree.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base