Skip to content

Water Distribution

This form is now locked to allow us to transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

89 results found

1. I want to combine the CLA with the generalised Multi Run in Infoworks WS Pro

I want to combine the CLA with the generalised Multi Run in Infoworks WS Pro. We use Critical link analyses. After these runs we analyse with script in exchange. As result we get of every pipe the maximum flow in relation with the isolation_area. We use this to define the classes of the pipe. But also how many Customers effected related to the demand efficiency grades. Then you know the capacity of a backup pipe. SO it would be nice that you can use Multi Generalised Multi Run (only keep the query results after a run) in combination of Critical…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Admin →
  2. Add multiple rows to the InfoWater "Rule Header" DB table

In the "Pipe Control" or "Node Control" DB tables, I can insert or append multiple rows at once. In the "Rule Header" DB table, I can only insert or append one row at a time, and each row must have an ID.
    Please make the behavior of this table consistent with the other control tables and allow adding multiple rows at the same time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  3. Access to UDF Data through DB Editor

In InfoWater Pro, the model data can be accessed through the DB Editor. The UDF tool does not have any access to the database tables through the DB Editor. It would be very helpful if I could gain access to the UDF tables through the DB Editor, even if it were just under the Advanced Application Data (for Advanced Users), which most users should not use. I ended up having to use a different application to gain access to the DB tables.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  4. Copy all the scenarios from a Model

I would like to make a subsystem copy of a model (with different scenarios) that brings all the scenarios to the new model when I make a copy of the selected nodes and links.

At this moment, a copy only brings the current scenario.

Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Improve "update from live data" performance

big models with many live data points connected to control takes a long time to update.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Telemetry  ·  Admin →
  6. roll back commit history

We can see what the commit history is, but if you made a mistake and committed it there's no way to go back without making a new branch.

Would be good to be able to roll back changes to a selected point in the commit history so your mistake isn't locked in for eternity.

Would also facilitate trialing solutions without cluttering up commit history with garbage.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Customize ArcGIS Pro ribbon with command center modeling tools

While building and editing models, I want to customize easy access to tools currently burried in the Command Center (e.g. Trace Network, Join/Remove Layer tables, Clear message board, etc.).
    ArcGIS Pro lets you customize toolbars, but these commands aren't yet available.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I want more flexible shutdown runs

e.g.: I want to be able to evaluate shutdwon of pumping stations in 1 one run, now I have to create a seperate run for each pumping station. A workaround I use is closing links with a GRM config, but this only shuts down links for the whole simulation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. graph all sources on a singe graph in quality runs

The graphing tool in a quality run now only alows for two different sources. but I would like to know the consistency of water on any point in time of all defined scource nodes.
    E.G. the consistency of node X is 36% from source X, 13% from source Y, 29% from source Z and 22% from an unknown/undifined source.
    This would make water trace maps a lot more interesting.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Water Quality  ·  Admin →
  10. Optimize PRV Settings, including flow modulated PRVs

I want a tool that can help define the minimum pressure setting at a PRV to provide required pressure to downstream customers under expected demands.
    In addition, in cases where I have flow modulated PRV's, I want the tool to provide a curve of pressure set point versus system demands.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Group InfoWater Pro pumps into a pump station object that aggregates results

As a modeler I want to summarize the behavior of a pump station of multiple pumps using a polygon. This helps me summarize energy usage and total flow without needing to select arbirary upstream or downstream objects. This also helps simplify system schematics and SCADA integration.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Contours and Spot Elevation data for Elevation Extractor in InfoWater Pro

While rasters remain the best way to assign elevations throughout the model, InfoWater also supported other formats using interpolation such as contours and point elevation.
    Please add these file types in InfoWater Pro.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Temperature variation for the PSO bulk chlorine decay model in the MSQ module of InfoWorks

The reactive-constituent (PSO) chlorine decay model (Fisher et al. 2017) was provided to users in the MSQ module of InfoWorks in July 2020 (see the MSQ blog for details). A major advantage of this model is that only a single set of four model coefficients is required to characterize decay rate in a given bulk water throughout a distribution system, over a wide range of initial chlorine concentration and any number/size/timing of booster doses, at a single temperature.

Water temperature commonly differs by 20 degrees Celsius between summer and winter, causing reaction (decay) rates to differ typically by a factor…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Water Quality  ·  Admin →
  14. Critical Node Pressure at Design Flow

Please add a column in the Fireflow Design results that displays the "Critical Node Pressure at Design Flow". The column titled “Critical Pressure for Design Run” currently displays the input criteria as it can vary for each node. However, this is not as useful when troubleshooting or reviewing the model results. As an example, if a fire flow run is velocity limited it would be nice to know the lowest pressure node and its pressure in the critical node search domain. It may not have reached the minimum pressure if limited by the velocity constraint (i.e. how close did the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Network Schematic for interaction with InfoWorks WS Pro models

I want to interact with my distribution network in a simplified schematic view, which displays DMA's and important control objects like pump stations and reservoirs.
    Software should be able to update the schematic based on changes to network connections, visualize by elevation with and connections and results, and then offer interaction primarily with control data.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. InfoWater results export improvements

The EXTAPPFILTER option is useful for automatically exporting results for use in other programs. However, the results are exported as DBF files with an identically named MDX file (for example, JUNCTOUT.DBF and JUNCTOUT.MDX). The presence of the MDX files causes errors when attempting to use the DBFs in MS Access or PowerBI. The only way to import the results into Access or PowerBI is to first delete the MDX files.

As far as I can tell, the MDX files serve no purpose; they are just an index. I suggest either (1) don't create the MDX files, or (2)…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Admin →
  17. Making a run in WS/WSpro now a (big) list of yellow warnings pop up. By using an optional selection of (run)validation items not anymore

Making a run in WS/WSpro the input always gets fully validated including items not used. Those items creates a (big) list (e.g. 81.273) of yellow warnings. Besides run/validation time causes this a list of not wanted necessary warnings which makes it's possible to miss the real important warnings. It would be nicer to switch on/of default validation options in the Tab Tools/options/"used validation items"
    The possibility of the "engineering validation" group is not the solution.

Regards Jeroen Fietje Vitens (The Netherlands)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  18. Populate Pump run schedule based on telemetry data in WS Pro

As a planning modeler calibrating within WS Pro, I want to use the "Load from Live Data" tool on pumps in Plan mode to populate the Control Data timeseries profile based on a data stream of 1's and 0's indicating on/off.
    While this is already available in IWLive for realtime modeling, I want to leverage it for streamlined model calibration and analysis of historic events within WS Pro.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Default Symbol and Map Display

Please allow the option to choose the default symbol (InfoWater Model Preferences) and Map Display symbol from the "Styles" built into ArcGIS Pro. Both ESRI and my company have custom .stylx files that house our custom symbols for points, polylines, and polygons. Having the option to chose the default style from these pre-populated styles would be fantastic. Currently, the options to change the symbol feel like it limits the modeler to changing either the color or the size.

To see where these styles live in ArcGIS Pro, head to the View tab, click on Catalog Pane, then drop down the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Batch Edit Datasets

Currently if there needs to be a global change to a dataset, the only way is to manually go through each dataset and change the element property and save. As an example, if a valve needs to be closed in multiple datasets, it would be nice to have a tool to allow that change happen to all desired datasets at one time.

This feedback also goes along with the previous posted feedback title: "Data Sets" by Kathryn Carreira and "Push Changes From Parent to Child(ren) Scenarios" by Joe Lawrence.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base