Skip to content

Water Distribution

This form is now locked to allow us to transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

15 results found

1. Innovyze License Administrator

New license administrator is terrible compared to the previous one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. Be able to experimental run simulation without commit in WS Pro

Be able to experimental runs simulation without commit in WS Pro

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Luca Serena responded

This is technically not possible with the Merge version control.

3. As a user it is good to allow tab windows to take it out to the second or third display

Tab windows are not allowed to move main window to second display.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bring back the pause button for calculation.

In one of the first version of Infoworks there was a pause button for calculation. We have some big calculations who mostly run at nighttime. Sometimes the run is so big it still runs in the morning. The only thing we can do is stop the calculation. We have 66 processors but infoworks get slow for others. So the only thing we can do now is stop the calaculation and make a smaller (less pipese with CLA calaculations). When we have a pause button we can start the run in the evening without losing the results. The results selector works…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Engine  ·  Admin →
  5. I want to be able to see what connected Agents are doing and trouble shoot connections from within WS Pro

A command centre program for WS Pro/IWLive runs which shows connected agents and marshallers and all the runs in a simulation workgroup in one place.
    Better simulation workgroup diagnostics.

I am trying to trouble shoot remote VPN issues and the IT guys don't understand what WS Pro is doing and Innovyze think it is VPN/firewall issues. Very hard to resolve as the issue is hard (impossible) to diagnose from within the software. The Marshaller can see all the remote agents, but is unable to send a sim to them over VPN. This worked fine when we were all onsite but…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  6. InfoWater for QGIS

ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro are expensive and slow. QGIS is free and fast.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I have been testing your export features using a number of simulation results with a selection set. This does not work as it is supposed to

Results export to CSV does not work with selection sets, it always just exports all of the network

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  8. I would like to add multiple rows simultaneously to the Multi-Species Node Initial Quality window.

Currently, the Multi-Species Node Initial Quality window only allows inserting or appending a single row at a time. I would like to add thousands of rows at once. The MSX tables could either be added to the DB Editor, or at least add a "Add Multiple Rows" option to the Multi-Species Node Initial Quality window, allowing the user to specify the number of rows to be added (such as 10,000 rows).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support for multiple screens

I would like to be able to work across multiple screens - plan view on one screen and long section/grid/graph on another.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  10. allow multiple selection lists in a shutdown simulation

I am currently working on a long-term planning of our pipeline renovation projects. I need to determine which projects can be executed simultaneously. My approach at this time is to create a selection list of all the pipes that would be taken out of order for the different projects I would like to combine. Each new combination of projects requires me to create a new selection list and reselect all the pipes affected by these projects.

It would be easier for me if I could create separate selection lists for the affected pipes for each individual project, and then select…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want to learn more about the Sustainability Module for Energy Efficiency modelling

We are investigating the energy efficiency and potential energy savings of our potable water network and have been employing InfoWater Sustainability Module to assist us with this. We want to understand and maximise the use of the Sustainability Module by having a test model and tutorial manual to explain further the inputs and outputs and to replicate the expected results from the test model. We are using our own model but cannot determine the validity of our outputs and ultimately want to rank our least efficient networks. Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Zoom-dependent visibility of flow direction arrows

Flow direction arrows slow down the display significantly when zooming out on a large model. It would be useful to specify the scale at which they will be shown, similar to ArcMap layers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Reset the active facilities query without changing scenarios

When scenarios use a query set to define the active facilities, it would be useful to be able to re-run the query and update the active/inactive facilities without changing scenarios. Changing scenarios can be very slow for large models.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add username to temp folder names to allow multiple users to model on the same cloud computer at the same time

Could InfoWater/InfoSWMM change how they name temp folders? Right now, if two users initialize a model on the same cloud computer at the same time, both models might try to use the same temp folder (like HMVDB1). Renaming temp folders to include the username would eliminate this problem. For example, from HMVDB1 to HMVDB1username, HMVDB2 to HMVDB2username, etc. That would allow us to have multiple users open different models at the same time on the same cloud computer. We are going to be switching to AWS for more modeling, especially for large model runs, like many day water…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  Luca Serena responded

InfoWorks WS Pro is Innovyze workgroup platform for multi-users in reason of model version control, data flagging, conflict resolution.

15. Need a way to define modelling scenarios

As a user I want to be able to define hierarchy for my modelling scenarios (parent Vs child) so that I can easily change network/controls on my parent scenario and cascade the change to all childs

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base