Skip to content

Drainage Design

Welcome to the Innvoyze Drainage Design user feedback page.

This forum is now locked as we transition over to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

6 results found

1. Slowness of InfoDrainage

My infoDrainage file is about 1600 kb, but opening this file takes me 35 - 50 min! There are no images or any kind of background files, but still it takes years to open! Not sure the exact cause for this slowness! All other modelling software running/opening very fast in the same machine, except InfoDrainage! Any suggestion will be helpful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thank you for the suggestion and thanks to those who commented and voted. 

I am pleased to advise that we have improved the speed of InfoDrainage in version 2023.2. 

I'd recommend you to upgrade to the latest version (2023.3) and let us know how you get on with the improved speed.

2. InfoDrainage - Data Transfer to Site3D

How do I transfer my drainage model to and from Site 3D?
    In Micro Drainage the transfer is quite straight forward and although it isn't perfect, it is reasonably quick. There doesn't seem to be an obvious way of doing the same in InfoDrainage? Road and Drainage design is an iterative process so easy transfer is essential.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Replace Area/SWC with an imported Outline

At the moment you can replace areas with Free Form outlines. It would be good if there could be an ability to add additional points or replace with an imported outline

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am pleased to advise that we've successfully implemented this feature in our latest drainage design software (InfoDrainage), please try importing a polygon (shape file, CAD file or CSV) and InfoDrainage will be able to recognise it as SWC, you can then choose which SWC do you want to see. 

In 2023.3 (which was released on the 2nd Feb 2023), we improved this by enabling users to import polygons with arcs.

Please have a go and let us know how you get on.

4. Snap tool for areas

Just like in CAD DrawNet you can use the CAD tools to snap the points of the catchment areas to specific points, it would be useful to have a snapping tool built into the MicroDrainage program. It could be a simple tool so you can either put a new point of the area anywhere, or when you're close to a point of another area you can snap to that point. This would save going back and forth between MD and CAD.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am please to advise that we've successfully implemented this feature in our latest drainage design software (InfoDrainage), please feel free to download a trial and let us know how you get on.

5. Retain/Lock dummy MH names

Can we get a function to lock/retain MH numbers, If you have multiple dummy MH's and need to make changes any name you have given to these is lost when renumbering. You then need to go through the whole process again.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am please to advise that we've successfully implemented this feature in our latest drainage design software (InfoDrainage), please feel free to download a trial and let us know how you get on.

6. Enable locking of pipe numbers

One of the aims of BIM is that all the different models you create match. If you issue a pipe network 3D model for construction with certain pipe numbering and then a minor change happens this can affect every pipe number in the system. But once it's already been issued for construction you can't afford to change pipe numbers as it would be too confusing, which means that the 3D model can no longer match the Microdrainage model.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base