Skip to content

Drainage Design

Welcome to the Innvoyze Drainage Design user feedback page.

This forum is now locked as we transition over to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

23 results found

1. Curves please?

InfoDrainage 2023.2
    When importing Inflow Areas from CAD only polylines without curves appear.
    Please can InfoDrainage either allow curves or convert them into small segmental lines?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Rainfall  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion and thanks to those who voted and commented. 

I am pleased to announce that this has now been implemented and that users can now import polygons with curves (SWCs or catchment areas) from Civil 3D and AutoCAD into InfoDrainage.

2. Infiltration Basins

The output tables for ponds doesn't include any infiltration outputs where the pond is an infiltration basin. The graphs show that there is infiltration but MicroDrainage used to include infiltration in the output table

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Slowness of InfoDrainage

My infoDrainage file is about 1600 kb, but opening this file takes me 35 - 50 min! There are no images or any kind of background files, but still it takes years to open! Not sure the exact cause for this slowness! All other modelling software running/opening very fast in the same machine, except InfoDrainage! Any suggestion will be helpful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion and thanks to those who commented and voted. 

I am pleased to advise that we have improved the speed of InfoDrainage in version 2023.2. 

I'd recommend you to upgrade to the latest version (2023.3) and let us know how you get on with the improved speed.

4. Sewer Design - Changing manhole invert levels

It would be useful if when you changed a sewers downstream level it also changed the manhole depth (keeping the relationship between the two levels for situations where the manhole has a sump).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Define curved pipes

Curved pipes is part of MicroDrainage and pretty much essential for Highway drainage design.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Civil 3d 2022 support

Is there any news on civil 3d 2022 support (new version of Microdrainage / draw net)?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. InfoDrainage - Data Transfer to Site3D

How do I transfer my drainage model to and from Site 3D?
    In Micro Drainage the transfer is quite straight forward and although it isn't perfect, it is reasonably quick. There doesn't seem to be an obvious way of doing the same in InfoDrainage? Road and Drainage design is an iterative process so easy transfer is essential.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Replace Area/SWC with an imported Outline

At the moment you can replace areas with Free Form outlines. It would be good if there could be an ability to add additional points or replace with an imported outline

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am pleased to advise that we've successfully implemented this feature in our latest drainage design software (InfoDrainage), please try importing a polygon (shape file, CAD file or CSV) and InfoDrainage will be able to recognise it as SWC, you can then choose which SWC do you want to see. 

In 2023.3 (which was released on the 2nd Feb 2023), we improved this by enabling users to import polygons with arcs.

Please have a go and let us know how you get on.

9. Snap tool for areas

Just like in CAD DrawNet you can use the CAD tools to snap the points of the catchment areas to specific points, it would be useful to have a snapping tool built into the MicroDrainage program. It could be a simple tool so you can either put a new point of the area anywhere, or when you're close to a point of another area you can snap to that point. This would save going back and forth between MD and CAD.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am please to advise that we've successfully implemented this feature in our latest drainage design software (InfoDrainage), please feel free to download a trial and let us know how you get on.

10. True Ground Profile on Long Section Exports

It would be very useful if there was a way for the true ground profile to also be exported on long sections. Currently, when exporting long sections from microdrainage, the true ground levels are only shown at manhole locations and a straight line is used to replicate ground level between the manholes. Could a 3D terrrain file possibly be loaded into microdrainage so that the true ground profile is shown when exporting long sections?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion and thanks to those who commented and voted. True ground profile has been implemented in our latest drainage design solution (InfoDrainage) which is the next generation of MicroDrainage. Please feel free to download a free trial and try the long section with a surface loaded to see a true profile on the long section.

11. MD AutoCAD 2021 compatiblity

DrawNet (CAD) compatibility with AutoCAD/Civil 3D 2021 version.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Admin →
  12. InfoDrainage - replace stormwater outline with DXF (or other similar file)

Would be useful to be able to 'replace outline' of a stormwater control by importing a polygon (e.g. DXF, SHP etc), rather than the existing options which are just to redraw in ID only.
    Every project there seems to be need to replace an outline from another drawing (as architechtural desisns evolve). At teh moment have to re-set up the control each time this occurs.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am pleased to advise that this has now been implemented in InfoDrainage and users can now import polygons and recognise them as stormwater controls or subcatchments.

We would be interested to hear your thoughts once you try this feature in the software.

13. Import/export of asset data to/from CSV

DSD import/export for MicroDrainage exists but HydroWorks is now dead. A more generic import/export would be beneficial for exchange of information with other drainage simulation packages and with GIS systems for existing networks; something similar to the import/xport functins in ICM would be ideal.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is to confirm that we've implemented a CSV export/import in our latest drainage design software InfoDrainage. Please feel free to download a free trial, try the CSV import/export and let us know how you get on.

14. InfoDrainage - Apply urban creep to selected storms only

Urban creep is an additional test which is not applicable to all runs. So would be more useful to not have a universal application of creep (to all storms). Would be better to have the facility to apply to selected storms only.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  15. Status Bar to report more significant figures

The status bar currently only displays levels (ground model level, water depth) to 1 decimal place. 2 Decimal places would be much more useful, Especially to ensure a node is at a low point or in the gutter invert..

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am pleased to advise that this has been implemented in our latest drainage design software package (InfoDrainage), please feel free to check these values in InfoDrainage and let us know how you get on.

16. Run same return period with multiple climate change allowances

When running the simulation wizard I would like to be able to run the same return period with multiple climate change allowances to enable a single analysis covering all scenarios. This will avoid needing to adjust inputs & rerunning the network multiple times to cover no CC, upper & lower CC limits.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you again for the suggestion and to those who voted. This has been enabled in our latest drainage design software (InfoDrainage), where the wizard doesn't stop you from running the same return period with multiple climate change percentages. I encourage you to download a free trial and let us know what you think.

17. Support Areas in Civil3D to MicroDrainage / DrawNet Link

A simple polygon
    Using the parcel object of Civil 3D
    Using the catchment object of Civil 3D
    Something else.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
  19. Easier selection of FEH and FSR Rainfall in the "Seasonal Return Period Wizard"

Sometimes we are required by the LLFA to run storms <60mins with FSR rainfall and storms >60mins with FEH rainfall. This requires the "Seasonal Return Period Wizard" to be run twice following changes to the network and then exported in separate files.

It would be much quicker if this could be specified in the wizard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rainfall  ·  Admin →

I am pleased to advise that we've successfully implemented this feature in our latest drainage design software (InfoDrainage), please feel free to download a trial and let us know how you get on.

20. Retain/Lock dummy MH names

Can we get a function to lock/retain MH numbers, If you have multiple dummy MH's and need to make changes any name you have given to these is lost when renumbering. You then need to go through the whole process again.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am please to advise that we've successfully implemented this feature in our latest drainage design software (InfoDrainage), please feel free to download a trial and let us know how you get on.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base