Skip to content

Storm Sewer & Flood Modeling

Welcome to the Innovyze Stormwater, Sewer, and Flood modeling feedback page.

This forum is now locked as we transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

5 results found

1. "Limiting discharge" field/functionality for subcatchments

For large storm events, not all subcatchment runoff will be able to enter the piped system - inflows will be limited by the size (and condition) of roof downpipes, road gullies, etc. Therefore, I would like for ICM to be able to 'cleanly' deal with this for 1D-only models. There is a work-around where you can route subcatchments through dummy nodes and dummy orifices, making use of the "Limiting discharge" field - but this results in a messy model, where you will likely need hundreds or even thousands of dummy objects. It would be much better if you could directly…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Hydrology  ·  Admin →
  2. As a user I need to represent and optimise for throttled discharge from subcatchments to node or conduit objects

Many cities are limiting maximum stormwater dicharge to drainage networks.
    ICM should include more efficient modelling regarding
    - Limiting stormwater flows from subcatchments via throttle requirement (e.g. 0-10 l/s*ha subcatchment), suggesting a new subcatchment data field.
    - And quickly analyse how much stormwater (e.g. 10 m³ ) needs to be managed/retained on each subscatchment site via SUDS such as greenroofs, swales, etc. in order to meet and optimise throttle requirements.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hydrology  ·  Admin →
  3. Route subcatchment outflow directly to a point on the 2D mesh

At times I want to route subcatchment flow to a certain point on the 2D mesh. This could be for directing building runoff to the street/curb or simply making sure the runoff gets to the inlet structure without forcing it into the underground network ignoring inlet capacity.
    It would be ideal to simply route subcatchment flow to 2D outfalls or 2D inflow points.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Hydrology  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow simple time delay between subcatchment and manhole

After pruning my network, I want ICM to apply a simple time delay to flow from distant subcatchments to represent the travel time through smaller pipes before reaching the main transmission system.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  pascal.lang responded

With the introduction of InfoWorks ICM 10.5 there is now an “Output lag (minutes)” field which should allow for exactly this, a fixed time offset on the outputs from a subcatchment.

5. NowCast data from Australian BOM

Ability to work with some of the new data from the Australian BOM.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  pascal.lang responded

We are pleased to announce that this functionality has been made available with InfoWorks ICM 2021.1.

Feedback and Knowledge Base