Skip to content

Drainage Design

Welcome to the Innvoyze Drainage Design user feedback page.

This forum is now locked as we transition over to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

26 results found

1. Need Papadaskis-Kazen Time of Concentration for Preliminary Sizing

The local requirement for Arizona require the use of Papdaskis-Kazen as the time of concentration method. Please add.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Sewer Design - Depth to soffit

InfoDrainage currently has the depths shown as depth to invert when depth to soffit is more useful to ensure the sewer has sufficient cover

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Have an option for pipes to automatically connect soffit to soffit at MH's

Where you have different pipe sizes connecting at a MH good practice is for the connections to be made "Soffit to Soffit", it would be usefull if this could be done automatically and would remove the need to manually change each connection to take this into account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Identify foul and surface water with different colours

There should be an option in the display settings to change the colour of foul and surface water networks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Output Cv values

Cv values used to be set globally and would be output as part of the simulation criteria, so the values that were used were always visible in results files for LPA/LLFA officers to check that the model complied if a 0.9 or 0.95 Cv was requested as many authorities now do.

Now the Cv values are per catchment, so if I need to change them to suit an authority's requirements I have to do it manually on many items, and it's hard to output them to prove to the authority that I have followed their requirements.

It would be great…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The report that is automatically generated by InfoDrainage has this detail when you tick Inflows (see screenshot attached). InfoDrainage will report on every subcatchment and detail what CV values have been used for summer and winter.

Does the above address your suggestion?

6. Fall column

Include a column in the connection design table that displays an editable 'fall' value, i.e. calculated value of US/IL - DS/IL, used to be a handy feature in MicroDrainage Network

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. SuDS and Inlet Level sync stepdowns

Infodrainage 2023.2
    Inlets into SuDS features need to be able to be different from the SuDS features bed level.
    It is almost always necessary to have a step down between inlets and outlets on Ponds and Swales etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion and thanks to those who commented and voted. 

The inlet pipe will always try to sync to the bed level of your Storm Water Control (SWC), however, you can easily lock the pipe and manipulate the level so your inlet pipe can be higher and your outlet pipe can be lower. You can introduce inlet and outlet chambers and you will have full flexibility in dropping the levels as required.

Does the above address the issue?

8. Velocity and proportional velocity to be shown on Tables

When designing sewers a critical design criteria is the pipe velocity when full or at design discharge rate. It makes designing sewers quite iterative without this included

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to get rid of the dendritic numbering system that was in MicroDrainage which prevented users from modelling bifurcation, we had to introduce the design wizard rather than an optimise button that looked at the whole system. This means that users will have to run a design wizard to check the velocities. However, we've introduced various flexibilities for turning on and off design criteria parameters which will make these iterations easier.

Does the above address your suggestion?

9. Model a sag inlet with an allowable depth of ponding

I need to be able to model a sag inlet accurately within InfoDrainage. I would like to design these inlets so that there is an allowable ponding depth, and then any volume that exceeds that depth is applied to the surface as a 2D overland flow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need Kirby-Kirpich Time of Concentration for Preliminary Sizing

The local requirement for Texas require the use of Kirby-Kirpich as the time of concentration method. Please add

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Realistic ground profile for swales

This is a flaw that's been going since MicroDrainage, but when you change the type of a connection from a pipe to an open channel, like a swale, there's no information at all provided about the actual size of that feature.

I had one come in the other day, only attenuation on the whole site was in a swale. Parameters for the swale has been set 0.5m base width, 1:3 side slopes, Mannings n 0.03, everything normal and okay with this, right?

But the manholes at the top and bottom of the link that had been turned into the swale…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you try to build your swales using the SWCs rather than converting links to swales, you will see that you can start from the top area and go down (1:3) or you can start from the bottom and go up (1:3).

Does the above address your suggestion? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts once you try it.

12. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion, and thanks to those who commented and voted. This is to confirm that we've received your suggestion and that it will be reviewed for future consideration.

We are working on enhancing the long section, so it shows more data in the tables, and we made it flexible so users can select what to view. We are also working on annotating the Hydraulic Grade Line and the Energy Grade Line. This is now on our road map for future releases of InfoDrainage.

13. Mixed decimal place

I'm using InforDrainage 2023.1 and there are mixed numbers after decimal point. In profile view, there are five digit after decimal point which is unnecessary.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Levels for "junction" items

When using the "junction" connection item, it always sets the cover level on the item to 0. This is true even if you had a manhole that had a proper cover and invert level input, if you switch the manhole to a junction (for instance because you don't want to falsely include the volume of a manhole that isn't actually there) then it jumps the cover to 0 and the invert to -1.5. (It might not do it if you have a ground model in, not sure, I usually work without).

You can fix it by going across to the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In InfoDrainage, junctions are used as nodes without volume to enable modelling a Y or T junction, or it could be a point in the middle of a culvert that is getting wider for some reason.

You are right; when the pipe US and DS cover levels are 0, and the junction has a level of 0, the model will find no way to design the system and run the design wizard. Therefore, to address this, we've implemented a warning message that will stop users from proceeding with the design if they have junctions and the associated ends of the pipe have a 0 level (that hasn't been overwritten). Users can still use the level 0 but they need to overwrite the default 0 to proceed. The warning message will be made available to users in a…

15. Infodrainage - Display Settings - Annotation Connections Slope

Infodrainage - Display Settings

Slope annotation in connections to be 1:x rather than shown as x(1:x)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improved tutorial for setting up a network

InfoDrainage - i am just trailing software and using the metric tutorial. i do not like loading in items from MicroDrainage or AutoCAD and was hoping the tutorial would show how to quickly setup a highway drainage system with pipes/manholes/gullies.

when asked "was this page helpful" i put thumbs down, hoping to get a chance to say the above but i cannot type in the feedback form. please update chapter 2 "creating the network" so that new users can setup a simple network - all ive done is click buttons to load random data and do not feel like i…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. InfoDrainage - Permeable Paving

It would be useful to have a central granular conveyance trench beneath permeable paving to avoid the need for overly deep sub base beneath the road / drive.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Exceedance Level in Infodrainage

It would be good to have an option in underground stormwater controls to have a separate option for exceedance level and Ground Level
    By taking the exceedance level as GL, it makes the Long sections look distorted when in reality it is common for our designs to have circa. 1m+ cover from top of tanks/soakaways etc to ground level.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. InfoDrainage - level bench in basin/pond configuration

The sizing calculator in the pond build pop-up enables one side lpe only.
    There are now LLFAs that require level benck of at aleast 1.5 m width after 0.6 m depth in a basin.
    It is currently not possible to use your calculator to establish such basin properties.
    This would be useful.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Clash detection between pipe networks

Can wall thicknesses be added to pipes and manholes to check clash detections

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear User, 

Thanks for posting, commenting and voting for this idea. We have reviewed the requirements for implementing a clash detection tool in InfoDrainage, and this is currently in Development for future releases of the software.

As for the comments regarding the pipe thickness, we will enable customers to insert a tolerance value so users can account for both the pipe trench width/height and the pipe thickness when deciding the vertical and horizontal tolerance values.

Kind Regards, 

InfoDrainage Product Management team

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base