Skip to content

Water Distribution

This form is now locked to allow us to transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

9 results found

1. Improve "update from live data" performance

big models with many live data points connected to control takes a long time to update.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Telemetry  ·  Admin →
  2. roll back commit history

We can see what the commit history is, but if you made a mistake and committed it there's no way to go back without making a new branch.

Would be good to be able to roll back changes to a selected point in the commit history so your mistake isn't locked in for eternity.

Would also facilitate trialing solutions without cluttering up commit history with garbage.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Batch Edit Datasets

Currently if there needs to be a global change to a dataset, the only way is to manually go through each dataset and change the element property and save. As an example, if a valve needs to be closed in multiple datasets, it would be nice to have a tool to allow that change happen to all desired datasets at one time.

This feedback also goes along with the previous posted feedback title: "Data Sets" by Kathryn Carreira and "Push Changes From Parent to Child(ren) Scenarios" by Joe Lawrence.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Network Schematic for interaction with InfoWorks WS Pro models

I want to interact with my distribution network in a simplified schematic view, which displays DMA's and important control objects like pump stations and reservoirs.
    Software should be able to update the schematic based on changes to network connections, visualize by elevation with and connections and results, and then offer interaction primarily with control data.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Push Changes From Parent to Child(ren) Scenarios

Allow changes made in a parent scenario to push through and update all child scenarios unless that link is broken in the child scenario(s).

This goes along with the improvement suggestion titled "Data Sets" by Kathryn Carreira. The Scenario and Data Sets organization needs to be improved in InfoWater Pro as other software already excels in this area. Right now if something changes in one scenario it has to be manually updated in all child scenarios, this becomes exponentially time consuming with larges model and multiple scenarios.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To be clear, changes to the parent can cascade to all child scenarios as long as the same data set is used.

To inheret changes where datasets are different would introduce complexity and room for error in model management.

This seems to be specifically a request for a new parent-child relationship among data sets which could exist parallel and independent of the scenario relationships. This way a child scenario could use a child dataset that varies at certain nodes, but still inherets changes from the parent as long as they're still matching - the same way that InfoWorks software handles scenarios. I see large benefits of this approach but it could certain confuse many modelers.

This is valuable feedback as we discuss model data management in the cloud. Thank you.

6. Allow the InfoWater Pro "Live Data Adapter" to use non-live data

The Live Data Adapter can be a powerful tool for calibrating models, but is difficult to set up. Many times, you don't have permission to connect to the SCADA historian database. Right now, it only supports ClearSCADA, PI, SQL Server, and Oracle, formats which require familiarity with these databases. If the tool could connect to Excel, CSV, or Access DB files, it would be more flexible and useful to all users.

Alternatively, update the "Real-Time Data Connection" feature (Command Center>Edit) to allow for gap analysis.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Node Name Generation Default

In WS PRO it would be great to be able to set Node Name Generation format as a default for all networks in a database instead of having to enter it in every time I want to add nodes to a network

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DISCUSSION  ·  Luca Serena responded

The functionality is already provided with the Digitisation Template in WS Pro. Please confirm what enhancement are you suggesting. Thanks

8. Improve model maintenance

As a user I want to be able automate my model build maintenance activity so that my hydraulic model always reflects the asset repository

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DISCUSSION  ·  1 comment  ·  Automation  ·  Admin →
  9. For fire flow simulations, I would like to have range reports for pipes, valves, pumps, reservoirs, and tanks.

For example, I would like to know the maximum, minimum, and average velocity through each PRV across all fire flow runs in a simulation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base