Skip to content

Water Distribution

This form is now locked to allow us to transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

19 results found

1. Copy all the scenarios from a Model

I would like to make a subsystem copy of a model (with different scenarios) that brings all the scenarios to the new model when I make a copy of the selected nodes and links.

At this moment, a copy only brings the current scenario.

Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. roll back commit history

We can see what the commit history is, but if you made a mistake and committed it there's no way to go back without making a new branch.

Would be good to be able to roll back changes to a selected point in the commit history so your mistake isn't locked in for eternity.

Would also facilitate trialing solutions without cluttering up commit history with garbage.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Group InfoWater Pro pumps into a pump station object that aggregates results

As a modeler I want to summarize the behavior of a pump station of multiple pumps using a polygon. This helps me summarize energy usage and total flow without needing to select arbirary upstream or downstream objects. This also helps simplify system schematics and SCADA integration.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Optimize PRV Settings, including flow modulated PRVs

I want a tool that can help define the minimum pressure setting at a PRV to provide required pressure to downstream customers under expected demands.
    In addition, in cases where I have flow modulated PRV's, I want the tool to provide a curve of pressure set point versus system demands.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Network Schematic for interaction with InfoWorks WS Pro models

I want to interact with my distribution network in a simplified schematic view, which displays DMA's and important control objects like pump stations and reservoirs.
    Software should be able to update the schematic based on changes to network connections, visualize by elevation with and connections and results, and then offer interaction primarily with control data.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Push Changes From Parent to Child(ren) Scenarios

Allow changes made in a parent scenario to push through and update all child scenarios unless that link is broken in the child scenario(s).

This goes along with the improvement suggestion titled "Data Sets" by Kathryn Carreira. The Scenario and Data Sets organization needs to be improved in InfoWater Pro as other software already excels in this area. Right now if something changes in one scenario it has to be manually updated in all child scenarios, this becomes exponentially time consuming with larges model and multiple scenarios.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To be clear, changes to the parent can cascade to all child scenarios as long as the same data set is used.

To inheret changes where datasets are different would introduce complexity and room for error in model management.

This seems to be specifically a request for a new parent-child relationship among data sets which could exist parallel and independent of the scenario relationships. This way a child scenario could use a child dataset that varies at certain nodes, but still inherets changes from the parent as long as they're still matching - the same way that InfoWorks software handles scenarios. I see large benefits of this approach but it could certain confuse many modelers.

This is valuable feedback as we discuss model data management in the cloud. Thank you.

7. Populate Pump run schedule based on telemetry data in WS Pro

As a planning modeler calibrating within WS Pro, I want to use the "Load from Live Data" tool on pumps in Plan mode to populate the Control Data timeseries profile based on a data stream of 1's and 0's indicating on/off.
    While this is already available in IWLive for realtime modeling, I want to leverage it for streamlined model calibration and analysis of historic events within WS Pro.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Critical Node Pressure at Design Flow

Please add a column in the Fireflow Design results that displays the "Critical Node Pressure at Design Flow". The column titled “Critical Pressure for Design Run” currently displays the input criteria as it can vary for each node. However, this is not as useful when troubleshooting or reviewing the model results. As an example, if a fire flow run is velocity limited it would be nice to know the lowest pressure node and its pressure in the critical node search domain. It may not have reached the minimum pressure if limited by the velocity constraint (i.e. how close did the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Evaluate Fireflow Minimum Pressure by Zone

In the drop down menu for the Critical Node Search Range, please add the option to evaluate minimum pressure based on the same zone. Or add an option to consider multiple search areas where the user can select either the entire system and/or by zone and input the minimum pressure for both search areas.

To be frank, this is a non-issue with the Bentley software. The user sets the zone or system as the critical node search area, then sets the desired minimum pressure(s). The FF results list the limiting nodes based on the selected parameter, but will report pressures…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Data Sets

It would be very helpful if, for any data set that is created by creating a clone of another data set, you could keep track of that. Perhaps a visually branched system of data sets to see if any of the sets were created based on another set. That is how WaterGEMS shows their data sets (aka alternatives). Or some other way of keeping track of which data sets were cloned, with options for recording when it was cloned and a more in-depth description/reasoning.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Multi-fireflow in WS Pro

Currently, the available built-in fireflow options in WS Pro run for individual nodes/hydrants as if no hydrant in the system is open. Adding the ability to run multiple hydrants that are opened simultaneously will be very useful.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Multiple control options

Assets with controls (Pumps, PRVs etc.) should have multiple control options.

So Control 1 could be a control regime applicable to model calibration.

Control 2 could be control relevant to a General Applications model,

Controls 3, 4, 5 etc could be used for modelling specific scenarios for analyses.

A tick box would enable (and disable) which control is used in the model run.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. inlet riser option for tank

Have an option to specify an Inlet Riser Pipe for the tank element. This would hold the fill head at a constant, set at the riser pipe elevation, but allow the tank discharge head vary with the tank level.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want to be able to customize the minor loss table for pipe networks.

It would be nice if the user could modify the minor loss table for pipes. Whether it be changing the minor loss values, deleting, or editing the existing values. Since we all have our own resource we typical reference for these values, it would be nice to import those values and have that database saved in Infowater to make it easy to add all bends, etc. while building a model.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Initial Tank Levels

It would be great to be able to change the initial tank levels without having to create a whole new tank data set or putting a duplicate tank in the current data set. That way, the initial tank level condition can be changed for any given scenario without having to worry about changes in tank geometry across all scenarios. I believe WaterGEMS allows you to do this so it would be great to see this functionality in InfoWater. Perhaps initial tank levels could be placed under the Initial Node Status controls?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. As a user of InfoWorks WS PRO, I would like to better simulate FMV valves

In InfoWorks WS PRO is possible to simulate FMV valves, but I would like to introduce a "deviation" option to better simulate it.
    I give an example: imagine a valve whose pressure setting is 2 Bar if flow is from 0 to 10 L/s, and 2.5 Bar if flow is from 10 to 20 L/s. I would like to introduce the possibility to add a "flow deviation" parameter to avoid unexpected opening/closing when flow is close to 10 L/s. For example, we could set deviation at 0.5 L/s, so that pressure will remain 2 bar up to 10.5 L/s when…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A simple way to get an upstream or downstream trace analysis for all objects (node or pipe)

In WS Pro
    Upstream/downstream tracing is easy for a single object.
    Obtaining a single useful value (i.e. property count) is easy for multiple objects.

Combining the two is very difficult at the moment in WS Pro

I want to be able to obtain, either for all objects or a selection, the value of data x upstream or downstream.

For example: length of mains upstream, no of properties downstream

This would be a really powerful risk assessment tool but also useful for quick operational analysis.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. IWLive Pro to adopt simulation periods of ICMLive

Each simulation has a hindcast period, now and a forecast period

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)