Skip to content

Drainage Design

Welcome to the Innvoyze Drainage Design user feedback page.

This forum is now locked as we transition over to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

66 results found

1. Realistic ground profile for swales

This is a flaw that's been going since MicroDrainage, but when you change the type of a connection from a pipe to an open channel, like a swale, there's no information at all provided about the actual size of that feature.

I had one come in the other day, only attenuation on the whole site was in a swale. Parameters for the swale has been set 0.5m base width, 1:3 side slopes, Mannings n 0.03, everything normal and okay with this, right?

But the manholes at the top and bottom of the link that had been turned into the swale…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thank you for the suggestion and thanks to those who commented and voted. 

If you try to build your swales using the SWCs rather than converting links to swales, you will see that you can start from the top area and go down (1:3) or you can start from the bottom and go up (1:3).

Does the above address your suggestion? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts once you try it.

2. Output Cv values

Cv values used to be set globally and would be output as part of the simulation criteria, so the values that were used were always visible in results files for LPA/LLFA officers to check that the model complied if a 0.9 or 0.95 Cv was requested as many authorities now do.

Now the Cv values are per catchment, so if I need to change them to suit an authority's requirements I have to do it manually on many items, and it's hard to output them to prove to the authority that I have followed their requirements.

It would be great…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The report that is automatically generated by InfoDrainage has this detail when you tick Inflows (see screenshot attached). InfoDrainage will report on every subcatchment and detail what CV values have been used for summer and winter.

Does the above address your suggestion?

3. Mixed decimal place

I'm using InforDrainage 2023.1 and there are mixed numbers after decimal point. In profile view, there are five digit after decimal point which is unnecessary.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. manhole and pipe size files

when I start a new network, the criteria automatically selects my default manhole and pipe size file, can you change it so when importing a file for the first time it selects my standard default files, older versions did select the default file

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. to be able to change the default button in storm duration

to be able to change the default button in storm duration so I can set up my own default settings

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. "Copy to clipboard" alongside print/export on Microdrainage spreadhseet input/outputs

Would greatly simplify the process of getting results/details from MD into a report, skipping a stage in the current process (Export to CSV/Excel - Open)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
  7. Assess scenarios based on annual water balance (runoff, infiltration, evaporation)

Assessment of the annual water balance is an important criteria to evaluate drainage design at neighbourhood level.
    Functionality to assess scenarios in a chart (similar to typical pre-urban vs. urban) would save time in GIS-postprocessing

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Link to InfoAsset Asset Management Software

Add a link to take drainage design data into Innovyze's InfoAsset Asset Management Software to complete the cycle of design - build - manage - maintain cycle.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow SOIL values < 0.15

The Rural Runoff estimate tool in MDSUDS does not allow values of SOIL below 0.15.
    The UKSUDS greenfield runoff tool defaults to a value of SOIL=0.1 where SoilType=1
    This produces a significant difference in results. This difference results from using values of SOIL from FSR vs Wallingford Procedure and FSSR7
    It would be better if the MDSUDS tool allowed values of SOIL down to 0.1 for compatibility, and if the default values were standardised across the industry.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydrology  ·  Admin →
  11. Print Tickbox for Manhole Schedule Layout option

In MicroDrainage 2019.1 the Manhole Schedule printout also includes a manhole layout, sometimes this is unnecessary and it would be helpful if there was an additional tickbox option in the printout settings.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
  12. Microdrainge to Revit

Make Pipes and Inlet available in Revit

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Admin →
  13. Have an option for pipes to automatically connect soffit to soffit at MH's

Where you have different pipe sizes connecting at a MH good practice is for the connections to be made "Soffit to Soffit", it would be usefull if this could be done automatically and would remove the need to manually change each connection to take this into account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Unable to Populate the Manhole & Cover Type In Infodrainage MH Scheudles

A fundemental part of producing MH Schedules is to include the MH type & Cover Grade, these boxes are shown within info-drainage MH schedule report but are unable to be populated. Please include

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  15. MADD factor

MADD factor.
    InfoDrainage does not include this feature that exists in Microdrainage, that allows for storage not explicit in the hydraulic model.
    As the successor product, ID should, as a minimum, include features and functionality that exists in the predecessor product, MD.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Admin →
  16. Identify foul and surface water with different colours

There should be an option in the display settings to change the colour of foul and surface water networks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Backwards Compatibility

Options to save-back to earlier versions of the InfoDrainage software. I am currently trialling 2023.3 for my company, and users with 2023.2 are unable to open any models that I save.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  18. Model a sag inlet with an allowable depth of ponding

I need to be able to model a sag inlet accurately within InfoDrainage. I would like to design these inlets so that there is an allowable ponding depth, and then any volume that exceeds that depth is applied to the surface as a 2D overland flow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Need Kirby-Kirpich Time of Concentration for Preliminary Sizing

The local requirement for Texas require the use of Kirby-Kirpich as the time of concentration method. Please add

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Clark Unit Hydrographs

Unit Hydrographs should follow HEC1 using Clark Unit Hydrograph for design

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)