Skip to content

Storm Sewer & Flood Modeling

Welcome to the Innovyze Stormwater, Sewer, and Flood modeling feedback page.

This forum is now locked as we transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

70 results found

1. The ability to save databases/models as previous versions for backwards compatibility

A few of our clients use different versions of InfoWorks for various reasons (some are resistant to upgrading until they've had a chance to vet the new versions and understand the changes in house). This can create a problem where we must maintain and build using multiple versions of the software and multiple databases for different versions to serve different clients.

I would like the ability to save a database/transportable database for compatibility of previous versions. Similar to what we have with AutoCAD, where you can work in the latest version, but choose which version to save it in. Currently…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  3. RTC - New time range to allow "between 2 dates" every year

In a similar way to the way "time repeat" works, can we have an RTC range that works between the same 2 dates every year. I have a catchment where the operating protocol works differently in the Bathing Season from the rest of the year. Having a way to check with one range if we are in the bathing season or not would avoid the clunky work arounds.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. RTC updated to support scripting

It would be good to have RTCs available through direct scripting rather than through the RTC editor alone.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  5. Partially complete a simulation and review results and then opt to continue the simulation

Simulations often take a long time to run. I would like to be able to "pause" the simulation and review the results to check that the initialisation is correct, or that an RTC is working properly, and if I am happy then continue the simulation to completion.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ON ROADMAP  ·  pascal.lang responded

The approach which we are looking to leverage here is one which deviates a little from the original request but gives the same ability to interrogate results part way through a simulation. After investigating options, the best appears to be to have a run for the total duration you are interested in, then set a state saving checkbox in the run and when you wish to interrogate simulation results stop the simulation. We will then make use of ICMLive developed concatenation of results to allow us to tie in the “continuation run” with the results which were stopped earlier. There is a lot more detail to this than I can add here, but it should meet the need.

6. Support for multiple screens

Would like to be able to work across multiple screens - plan view on one screen and long section/grid/graph on another.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a modelling confidence field into the User Defined Flags

This could simply be an additional free text field in the "User Defined Flags" window labelled "confidence" OR the user is able to define their own but they are limited to 5-7 options.

The benefit is that when users pick up a model they better understand the confidence associated with each flag. Generally the "Description" field is currently seen as a "source" field. The users can then use SQLs / Ruby to build their own model confidence tools as they see fit while allowing greater transparency and functionality.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please provide Intellisense to the SQL Editor in ICM

I want the SQL Editor to help me write SQL queries by color coding and autocompleting data, similar to Intellisence.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Validation as a background task

Validation as a background task so UI isn't locked.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
    IN DISCUSSION  ·  pascal.lang responded

We have spent quite a bit of time investigating how validation improvements might be achieved, whether that be through validation as a background task or whether it be with improvements on the speed of validation in the first place.

There is no silver bullet which has been identified so far, the validation is already very efficient with minimal potential for speed improvements and there are issues with it as a background task as previously mentioned which we haven’t got fully fledged solutions to yet.

10. Enable SQL validation rules in ICM

In InfoAsset it is possible to setup SQL rules that can then be used in validation, it would be nice to have the same in ICM.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 4 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base