Skip to content

Storm Sewer & Flood Modeling

Welcome to the Innovyze Stormwater, Sewer, and Flood modeling feedback page.

This forum is now locked as we transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

70 results found

1. Support for multiple screens

Would like to be able to work across multiple screens - plan view on one screen and long section/grid/graph on another.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Validation as a background task

Validation as a background task so UI isn't locked.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
    IN DISCUSSION  ·  pascal.lang responded

We have spent quite a bit of time investigating how validation improvements might be achieved, whether that be through validation as a background task or whether it be with improvements on the speed of validation in the first place.

There is no silver bullet which has been identified so far, the validation is already very efficient with minimal potential for speed improvements and there are issues with it as a background task as previously mentioned which we haven’t got fully fledged solutions to yet.

3. Partially complete a simulation and review results and then opt to continue the simulation

Simulations often take a long time to run. I would like to be able to "pause" the simulation and review the results to check that the initialisation is correct, or that an RTC is working properly, and if I am happy then continue the simulation to completion.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ON ROADMAP  ·  pascal.lang responded

The approach which we are looking to leverage here is one which deviates a little from the original request but gives the same ability to interrogate results part way through a simulation. After investigating options, the best appears to be to have a run for the total duration you are interested in, then set a state saving checkbox in the run and when you wish to interrogate simulation results stop the simulation. We will then make use of ICMLive developed concatenation of results to allow us to tie in the “continuation run” with the results which were stopped earlier. There is a lot more detail to this than I can add here, but it should meet the need.

4. 29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Additional keyboard shortcuts

Keyboard shortcuts can really help speed up processes and workflows in InfoWorks ICM but some of the menu options do not yet have these. Would it be possible to add the missing keyboard shortcuts, specifically for repeatable tasks such as updating objects from ground models?

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  4 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  6. 28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  7. Set up runs more efficiently

Is there a matrix type tool in ICM that allows you to easily set up complicated run set ups? i.e. for this 1 Model Network, these runs with use these rainfall files, inflow files, WWG, etc are needed.

Model Name
    Base Model

Rainfall Inflow WWG Tradeflows
    M5-30 Inf-M5-30 WWG1 Trade1
    M5-240 Inf-M5-240 WWG1 Trade1
    M5-960 Inf-M5-960 WWG1 Trade1
    M10-30 Inf-M10-30 WWG1 Trade1
    M10-240 Inf-M10-240 WWG1 Trade1
    M10-960Inf-M10-960 WWG1 Trade1

With same timesteps and 2D parameters?

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Save toolbar and screen configurations and locations

I run InfoWorks on my laptop, and have an external monitor. I find I'm often searching for toolbar buttons because switching between the two monitors of different sizes re-configures the locations of the various toolbars and screens.

For example, on my external monitor there is enough room to have the User Actions toolbar displaying, but my laptop is smaller and there is no longer enough room for it, so instead of two rows it bumps down to three and moves my toolbars all around. Adding in profiles or even a scrollable space for the toolbars so the ones to the…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  3 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  9. Remove Need to Validate When Changing Background Layers

Suggest that a network not need to validated or show that it was edited (red circle) for only switching on/off a background (e.g., aerial)layer would be appreciated. Keeping scenarios straight is tough enough w/out the additional heart attack when I don’t recall changing anything.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Integrate a Template option for setting out run group in Infoworks ICM

I am working on project which includes 50 models. where we have to give runs for different return periods and durations for each model. It is a time taking process, which unnecessarily create chances of error by creating run setup every time. is it possible to include a run set up template, which can be changed as per the user requirement and saved for the further use.?

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Improve database and results files read performance

When opening an ICM network for the first time (i.e. no network files in the local files "Working" folder), the WDS reads through the database file in 4 kB chunks to retrieve the requested version of the network. This read process appears to be limited to a disk "queue depth" of 1 and is therefore very sensitive to drive latency. In a cloud environment, drive latency can be in single digit milliseconds. Therefore, the read process might achieve 400 x 4 kB = 1.6 MB per second. If the database file is large, it can take many minutes for the…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Speed up the creation/amending of ICMTs

Creating or amending ICMTs is slow, especially if they contain ground models. Even deleting or creating new 'folder' items in ICMTs is slow. Speeding this process up would increase productivity.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  2 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  14. I would like improvements for ICM with SWMM engine

add ICM SWMM functionalities that are already available in ICM with regular engine
    - Area take off
    - Population data
    - CN/Runoff coeff. lookup
    -Create dummy boundaries

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  5 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  15. Know which master database refers to a working/results folder

Create a means to know which master database is connected to a working / results folder. i.e. to go from the long name of the working / results folder to the ICM master database. A simple text file within the folder could give the name of the master database and version of ICM,

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ON ROADMAP  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  16. Cross section result view: keyboard shortcuts to go upstream or downstream

In the cross section result view (showing the water level), in RS there was the possibility to go upstream or downstream with PageUp/PageDwn, in ICM you have to right click to move upstream or downstream

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Commit history for scenarios

Commit history for scenarios
    Show an extra column in the commit history window to indicate how many scenarios exist in this version of the network. Ideally, there would be a button or column through which you can see the names of the scenarios for this network version.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. RTC rules: order alphabetically

When copying rules, they appear in seemingly random order. When you have a lot of rules it can be very difficult to have an overview

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Include regulator state in graph reports

this can only be done with custom graphs, would be easier in standard graphs for run comparison

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Possibility to turn off report windows

Now, when updating elements from ground model, extending cross sections, inserting an opening in a bridge… a report is displayed. This can be very annoying when building up a model and you have to click the report windows away. It would be useful to have an option to turn off these report windows.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base