Skip to content

Storm Sewer & Flood Modeling

Welcome to the Innovyze Stormwater, Sewer, and Flood modeling feedback page.

This forum is now locked as we transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

314 results found

1. ICM Template for printing muti-page Geoplan and Long Section views

I can already batch print geoplans and Long Sections by themselves. How to print them together? My current approach is to learn how to manipulate the output PDFs using PDF TK server, ghostscript, and potentially pdfjam, but some of these are new tools for me and I haven't yet made it work. Is there some way to do it using the Print Layout?

Current work in progress:

Batch printing geoplan
    Save each spatial extents using Spatial Bookmarks
    Set up print layout, then select batch print button from toolbar in the Print Layout
    Geoplan showing each bookmark is saved on its…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  2. Highlight and delete multiple vertices when editing features (e.g. roughness zones)

In GIS software when editing features, there is often an option to select a number of vertices to delete/move them as a group. This would speed up time taken to edit features in the model like roughness zones that often need a lot of editing to be compatible with the mesh.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve ground infiltration simulation parameters.

Could we have a 'Node level affects groundwater infiltration' for the soil store please?
    This simulation parameter was introduced to InfoWorks ICM recently to limit infiltration from the ground store to the model. Could this be extended to limit flows from the soil store as well?
    As often when are using models for design purposes, infiltration can become excessive in design events compared to verification. Therefore we have to manually reduce soil store inflow, often requiring new limiting discharge orifices and nodes at each subcatchment with GI applied. Thanks

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Admin →
  4. adjustments to a selected set of scenario's

In my opinion it would be very useful if you could make the same adjustments in one stretch for a selected set of scenario's. Similar to an adjustement you make in the base scenario that effects all the underlaying scenario's but than for a specific selection of scenario's. It would be handy to restore an error that occurs in several scenario's (scenario' that are all a copy from the same scenario)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  5. As a user I want to change the amount of decimals when applying Autolabels in Infoworks ICM

I want to change the amount of decimals when I apply Autolabels in Properties and Themes. Right now the default is three decimal places which I cannot edit.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Visualization  ·  Admin →
  6. Generate Stats reports as a background task

Generate Stats reports as a background task so User Interface isn't locked - as for simutations and meshing

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable true 'zooming out' on graphs

I am not sure if this is intended behavior, or if it is actually a bug/oversight, but I would like to request the 'zoom out' tool zooms out from the CURRENT POSITION, by one zoom increment (so just the reverse of how the zoom in works using the mouse scroll wheel). This would keep the zoom in/out consistent with how the GeoPlan zooming works.

If you 'zoom in' to a graph (with the mouse scroll wheel or the 'zoom in' tool), and then pan across to a different time, and then try to 'zoom out', it doesn't work as expected.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Admin →
  8. Theme mapping for rain gauges boundary lines generated using Thiessen polygons method

Boundary lines generated with the Thiessen Polygon methodology to define the boundaries for different rain gauges are too thin when they are automatically generated inside ICM. This make them quite difficult to see when a model is loaded with many different type of objects as sub catchments, mesh zones, roughness zones, etc.

Providing our users with the ability to change thickness/colour/line type in a new row in the Properties and Themes, will allow a better visualization, therefore, better understanding in the Geoplan on how each rain gauge affect different zones of the model.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Wet Well Graph

As a modeler, I would like to see a plot showing everything for a pump station in one place. See the attached figure. Inflow/outflow and the flows from each pump. The 3D chart helps a lot showing which line is which.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Merge pond and storage nodes and increase their functionality

Pond nodes:
    - allow variable infiltration at different levels (up to 3 different rates)
    - allow variable perimeter with level i.e. plan area through which side infiltration can occurs can vary
    - no porosity function

Storage nodes:
    - 1 porosity value (which only works below ground, above ground it is assumed to be 100%)
    - fixed perimeter for infiltration i.e. assumes cylindrical shape for infiltration (despite the plan area changing with level)
    - fixed infiltration rate (no change with height)

It is not possible to model both porosity and a change in infiltration with height.

I propose that pond and…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Admin →
  11. Assign wastewater and tradewaste profiles for special dates

I would like to see that InfoWorks ICM has a feature that allows the user to be able to assign wasterwater/tradewaste profiles to special dates in a calendar year, for example, statutory holidays. Those special dates can be defined by the user. This is important when running a long period simulation for wet weather flow calibration, where a large storm event (and corresponding I&I) occurred on a statutory holiday which is not a weekend. Dry weather flow pattern for a statutory holiday is typically closer to a weekend pattern than a weekday. The user has the option to assign a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Calibration  ·  Admin →
  12. blockage

Applying pipe blockage is a standard required in Australia and the functionality in ICM to do this is not user friendly (using blockage links). A simple % pipe blockage in the conduit properties should really be an option. This is particular the case for cross drainage and also orifice and pipes leaving detention basins (where a pit isnt used)

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  3 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Admin →
  13. Zoom graphs on either axis

Many software suites allow the option to zoom in on both y and x axes on their graphs. However, ICM only allows zooming on the x-axis which often takes away the ability to see trends for lower or higher conditions. I am aware that it is possible to change the y-axis range in properties, but that is not desired since it requires changing the range numerous times as you pan through the data. This is a major caveat which sometimes changes our choice of modeling software, especially for systems which require heavy calibration and data visualization.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Visualization  ·  Admin →
  14. Generate individual rainfall event files

I would like a feature in which you can see individual rainfall event files within a model group once you have generated rainfall rather than the current setup of having to export from the software then having to import back into the software to see the generated rainfall split into the individual event files.

Although you can view the individual event files by right-clicking the generator files and selecting Open As>Grid Editor (TVD read-only), this is not helpful if you wanted to simulate specific rainfall events in which it is easier to select the specific rainfall event file you want…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rainfall  ·  Admin →
  15. Classic view property sheet

The classical lay out of object properties (property sheet in CS) in a separate window with different tabs i really did find easier to view and edit models.
    Also the cross section view of a link and manhole vertical section were really usefull parts to visualize the model in parts.
    I would really appreciate if the old way of presenting model parts would be optionally brought back into the package.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  16. Network overview window: split up of subcatchment areas with different runoff id

It would be very usefull to have in the Network Overview window a summation of the different subcatchment areas, sort by Runoff surface ID.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
  17. ICM - Import of .XP files

Current workflow for importing a XPRAFTS or XPSWMM/XPSTORM model into ICM is to export the XP model to a .XPX file. This is problematic as a user will need to own a XP licence to complete this step and is not always the case. This is particularly an issue for those that wish to update or migrate XPRAFTS models as the software is no longer being sold.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Admin →
  18. Schedule Jobs - remove Any computer

Ability to remove 'Any Computer' option from Schedule jobs window.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  19. Disabling Link Label in 3D MH

In 3D MH window and visualization, to add feature to show or remove links label. I suggest removing the labels as a future feature for ICM.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow the user to choose the flood type of pond or storage nodes

Allow the user to choose the flood type of pond or storage nodes from a drop down as is the case for manholes. As opposed to the current state where the flood type depends on the relationship between the highest level entry in the storage array and the ground level of the node.

From help file: "Storage nodes or ponds can flood. If the highest level entry is below ground level, the pond is considered to have a roof at that level and is therefore sealed. If the highest level entry is equal to the ground level then any water…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base