Skip to content

Storm Sewer & Flood Modeling

Welcome to the Innovyze Stormwater, Sewer, and Flood modeling feedback page.

This forum is now locked as we transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

314 results found

1. Additional keyboard shortcuts

Keyboard shortcuts can really help speed up processes and workflows in InfoWorks ICM but some of the menu options do not yet have these. Would it be possible to add the missing keyboard shortcuts, specifically for repeatable tasks such as updating objects from ground models?

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RECEIVED  ·  4 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  2. 28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  3. RTC rule themes

It would be great if it was possible to theme in the GeoPlan on the basis of the rules which are active for a given object at the visible timestep.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Admin →
  4. Save toolbar and screen configurations and locations

I run InfoWorks on my laptop, and have an external monitor. I find I'm often searching for toolbar buttons because switching between the two monitors of different sizes re-configures the locations of the various toolbars and screens.

For example, on my external monitor there is enough room to have the User Actions toolbar displaying, but my laptop is smaller and there is no longer enough room for it, so instead of two rows it bumps down to three and moves my toolbars all around. Adding in profiles or even a scrollable space for the toolbars so the ones to the…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  3 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  5. 26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Rainfall  ·  Admin →
  6. Support for more than two simulations in long sections

When evaluating the effects of raising and lowering roughness it would be helpful to display three or more simulations in the same long section; at the moment it is only possible to display 2.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  River Modeling  ·  Admin →
  7. Inverse Distance Weightage in ICM

We have Thiessen in ICM. It will be great if we have IDW like what we have in RS.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Rainfall  ·  Admin →
  8. As a user I want to be able to adjust dry weather flow diurnal profiles easily to account for day light savings

Diurnal wastewater and tradewaste profiles shift over the course of the year due to day light saving time adjustments. I would like to see ICM include the ability to phase shift the diurnal patterns to account for DLS. I believe this adjustment would be best placed in the "monthly calibration" tab where in addition to the scaling "factor' there is also a time adjustment factor

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  2 comments  ·  Calibration  ·  Admin →
  9. Use ruby to edit rainfall dialogue box

Exporting rainfall files to csv for manipulation creates details of the storm events themselves, we would like to be able to change the return periods, durations, multiplying factors shown in the rainfall dialogue editor instead.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Admin →
  10. RDII Analyst (in ICM)

Provide RDII Analyst without needing to purchase InfoSWMM

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Admin →
  11. Statistic Report Batch Processing

As a use the ability to 'schedule' statistical reports would be extremely useful. currently if i'm generating a spill report on several overflows for a 10yr TSR series this can take several hours. The process effectively locks the software and prevents any other operation from been undertaken. This is highly inefficient and costly especially when optioneering if several iterations are needed. Shorter TSR's can be run in this case however even a year with several CSO's can take 20-30mins.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  4 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
  12. 'Find and Replace Flags' tool on multiple networks.

As a large organisation with multiple users of InfoWorks ICM we have a set up with one masterdatabase and everyone using groups off this in order to keep all users on the same version. The downside is, that as users import previous models more flags get added, which are now obsolete in our current specification leading to hundreds of flags in the masterdatabase. It is not practicable to use the find and replace flags tool on each network individually, if this feature was expanded to be able to use on multiple networks, it would make administering our model flags much…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  13. AutoCAD DWG Background

As a user, I would like to have AutoCAD drawing files as a part of my map control (InfraWorks ICM background) so I can see my AutoCAD Civil 3D design.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Admin →
  14. 2D worst case analysis

I would like to be able to analyse a number of simulations in terms of the worst flood depth per 2D mesh element. An integrated tool (along the lines of the already existing worst case grid output) would avoid the need to mess around in external GIS.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Admin →
    RECEIVED  ·  pascal.lang responded

Thank you for this idea addition, it is something we have been considering and building out plans for, if there are more specifics in terms of the exact outputs/comparisons you would like to see, please feel free to add so we can ensure these are captured.

15. Improve ground infiltration simulation parameters.

Could we have a 'Node level affects groundwater infiltration' for the soil store please?
    This simulation parameter was introduced to InfoWorks ICM recently to limit infiltration from the ground store to the model. Could this be extended to limit flows from the soil store as well?
    As often when are using models for design purposes, infiltration can become excessive in design events compared to verification. Therefore we have to manually reduce soil store inflow, often requiring new limiting discharge orifices and nodes at each subcatchment with GI applied. Thanks

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Admin →
  16. Model results as TVD connectors

We'd like to have model results as an input in the TVD connectors. An example is where we have observed flows that we would like to use at a tributary and then switch to catchment flows when the observations run out. We know this can be done using a set up of sluices and dummy objects but it would be a lot more elegant to simply have the subcatchment as Input B. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples of where using model results as an input would be useful.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Live Modeling  ·  Admin →
  17. 19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  18. Circular sluices/penstocks would also be useful

Similar to the rectangular flap valve request, circular sluices would avoid workarounds trying to estimate the rectangular equivalent to a half closed circular penstock (or worse still a half closed egg shaped penstock)

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Admin →
  19. Flow Survey importer

It would be good to update the flow survey object and importer, giving this a more updated feel and removing some of the steps.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  3 comments  ·  Calibration  ·  Admin →
  20. Use tracers for water on mesh elements

Our clients are more and more trying to figure out if damage to a property is caused by water from the public area (which is the responsibility of the client) or from private areas (which is not). When rainfall on mesh can pick up a tracer (eg. from existing objects like infiltration zones or roughness zones) we think we'll be able to better help our clients.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

Feedback and Knowledge Base