Skip to content

Storm Sewer & Flood Modeling

Welcome to the Innovyze Stormwater, Sewer, and Flood modeling feedback page.

This forum is now locked as we transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

24 results found

1. Use tracers for water on mesh elements

Our clients are more and more trying to figure out if damage to a property is caused by water from the public area (which is the responsibility of the client) or from private areas (which is not). When rainfall on mesh can pick up a tracer (eg. from existing objects like infiltration zones or roughness zones) we think we'll be able to better help our clients.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Admin →
  2. MULTIPURPOSE 2D ZONE

Often, I have to duplicate multiple zones to attach different attributes, such as level, roughness, infiltration and even mesh size,

It would be so much more efficient to be able to include all these attributes in a single zone type. For example, to select all building polygons and turn them into the SUPER zone; and then apply a roughness, infiltration, mesh size and raise them be say 300mm above the ground model. Utopia?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Admin →
  3. I want Infoworks' "Export maxima to GIS" to include the below parameters to assist scour protection design within 2D Zone

1. For shear-stress-based design 1.1 Max Shear Stress (in N/m2 with at least 1 digit after the decimal point) 1.2 Hydraulic Slope at Max Shear Stress (in percent with at least 3 digits after the decimal point)
    2. For velocity-based design 2.1. Max SPEED2D (already available. Good job, devlopment team!) 2.2. Hydraulic slope at max SPEED2D (in percent with at least 3 digits after the decimal point)
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Admin →
  4. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Admin →
  5. Import “initial conditions 2D” CSV files in batches .

At the moment I can only import initial conditions 2D” CSV files one by one. It would be helpful if I could import a batch of files in one go, like with CSV rainfall files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add 2D result labels for ICM mesh elements

I would like to display the 2D results (depth, elevation, velocity) at each individual GRID cell using labels.
    This is currently available in XPSWMM, so I would like the same functionality in InfoWorks ICM as I would rather not have to export the data to GIS.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2D worst case analysis

I would like to be able to analyse a number of simulations in terms of the worst flood depth per 2D mesh element. An integrated tool (along the lines of the already existing worst case grid output) would avoid the need to mess around in external GIS.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Admin →
    RECEIVED  ·  pascal.lang responded

Thank you for this idea addition, it is something we have been considering and building out plans for, if there are more specifics in terms of the exact outputs/comparisons you would like to see, please feel free to add so we can ensure these are captured.

8. Add sub-grid sampling functionality to the ICM 2D engine

And sub-grid sampling visualizations, please :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Consistent SHP Export Data Fields for 2D mesh elements in ICM

A simulation result can be exported to SHP files by right clicking the icon and choosing the Export menu. When the result is exported for a specific timestamp, some underlying data fields are not exported such as the elevation and area of a 2D element. When we need such data fields, the maximum state should be exported.
    We wanted to investigate the ground levels of 2D meshes in my model, and were a bit confused to find the data was not included, as the export was done for the peak of a rainfall. Contacting the support team, we learned that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show water levels at Bridge Linear Structures

We would like to see the water levels at the bridge linear structures as it is important for us to be able to see the water levels with respect to the bridge openings and decks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Triangles browser

Small triangles can slow down 2D simulations significantly. Currently, after creating a 2D mesh, I export the 2D mesh to a GIS software to check how many triangles I have below certain size and where they are. This helps me address the problem of small triangles efficiently. it would be helpful to have a similar functionality in ICM (i.e. triangles browser).

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  2 comments  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Admin →
  13. As a user, I would like the computing time to be reported as clock time rather than CPU time in XPSWMM 2D

I just noticed this when trying to run a test on model speed. This is with the “CPU” Extreme option and 4 CPUs selected. The clock time is about 16 minutes, but the elapsed time is showing at 58 (close to 16x4). I think the ET is counting CPU time, and not clock time. While CPU time is interesting, I think it would be better to report clock time if you’re going to label it “Elapsed Time”.

Perhaps a separate “CPU Time” line would be appropriate when using multiple CPUs.

==============================================================

| XPSWMM/XPSTORM Simulation Date and Time Summary |

==============================================================

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Collapsing walls identified in the log file

Can we have the status of base linear structures included in the log file? I have a large model where I have lots of these and I need to interrogate each one in turn. It would be much easier if the log file (or, better still, a grid view) showed the status of each wall.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Select objects outside polygon in SQL

In Infoworks ICM the SQL select has a spatial search option where I can, for example, select all nodes within a 2D zone.
    I am wanting to select all nodes outside the 2D zones, and this I am unable to do as inverting the selection will select all objects. not just nodes.
    I want to do this as I am only trying to run a subcatchment of a larger model and wish to change the node type of the nodes outside the 2D zone so they dont try to connect to the surface. Infoworks seems to prevent a model from…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DISCUSSION  ·  pascal.lang responded

Hello, thank you for this. In this particular example could you invert the selection, which I appreciate will select all objects other than the nodes inside the 2D zone and then hold down CTRL while opening the Nodes grid? This should open the nodes grid with only the selected nodes active so that the flood type can be changed if needed.

16. Apply RTC / observed values to Sluice Linear Structures

At the moment we cannot move sluice linear structures in 2D. We're wanting to model a river entirely in 2D but the river is subject to a series of barrages that would require control. Therefore it would be essential to apply RTC and observed settings to the gates.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Adjust mesh locally without remeshing all

Adjust mesh locally without having to remesh the entire 2D zone.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ON ROADMAP  ·  pascal.lang responded

We are looking into this, but for the majority of cases it might be that there is already a significant improvement related to this with the new “Clip meshing” which was released with version 11.0 of the software, but in a prototype state, please ensure outputs are reviewed before use. The reason it provides an improvement is that it does a coarse mesh first (which is likely to remain unchanged if only small amendments are made) and follows this with a more detailed mesh after. It would be great to get any feedback you might have on your experiences with the Clip meshing and consistency of results.

18. Inserting channels into topography

Being able to insert channels into terrain rather than editing in 12D or other software would be more practical for smaller firms to turn around modelling ideas.

Landscape packages allow terrain meshes to be manipulated with tools that sink into mesh easily. Channels and swales need slope, not simply vertical depression to model correctly. XPStorm allows 1D modelling but this isn't useful for presentations and Civil 3d and 12d are catching up quickly now that rational method is being phased out.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Merge more than two polygon in one go

Merging polygons representing for instance mesh zones can help reducing the number of triangles, particularly small ones, and reduce simulation time. The version of ICM I am using can only merge two polygons at the time. I currently do the polygon merge as part of my data pre-processing before importing the data into ICM as I can merge more than two polygons at the time. However, it would be useful to be able merge several polygons in one go in ICM.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Include groundlevel as attribute in export network 2D mesh elements

When you export a model to shape for example, only the element id is included. You have to run a simulation (for a second) and then exporting maximum reveales the element ground level. It saves time to add the mesh element level to the export. Although easy to add in GIS, the element area is also a handy attribute

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base