Skip to content

Storm Sewer & Flood Modeling

Welcome to the Innovyze Stormwater, Sewer, and Flood modeling feedback page.

This forum is now locked as we transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

370 results found

1. Pump Station Modelling

Infoworks ICM pump station modelling principle is very basic, adding a pump between two nodes is highly hypothetical. There is no way to add pump station head losses.
    I would like to suggest incorporating pump station modelling (for Rotodynamic pumps) with pump curve and system curve theory. Then the model results would be much more realistic.
    There must be a tool to incorporate all the accessories in pump stations, between two nodes. Like pump station type, drywall wet well. And Parameters to calculate Pump suction and discharge losses, like all fittings, non-return valves, discharge valves, flow meters etc. This would…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Theming Inflow areas by attributes

I would like to visually theme the Inflow areas by an attribute, say, Percent Impervious (PIMP)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydrology  ·  Admin →
  3. Know which master database refers to a working/results folder

Create a means to know which master database is connected to a working / results folder. i.e. to go from the long name of the working / results folder to the ICM master database. A simple text file within the folder could give the name of the master database and version of ICM,

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ON ROADMAP  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  4. Faster release Exchange license

After a user uses the Exchange license, it takes ages before the license is released again so another user can use it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

MORE INFO NEEDED  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  5. Scenario assigned 'official' ID numbers within software

I would like for scenario names to be prefixed with a built-in ID number, in the same way that model commits have official version numbers, and wastewater and trade waste profiles have ID numbers. ICM clearly tracks ID numbers behind the scenes, since it is able to keep the scenarios in the same order (rather than sorting them alphabetically or similar).

When specifying exactly which 'model' was used to produce a set of simulation results, it is necessary to specify network ID, version ID and scenario ID - so it would be helpful to be able to just point to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  6. compatibility with WMTS servers

Compatibility with WMTS servers for the GIS layer control would be very urgent. Right now a lot of data is only to project from WMTS servers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
  7. I want Infoworks' "Export maxima to GIS" to include the below parameters to assist scour protection design within 2D Zone

1. For shear-stress-based design 1.1 Max Shear Stress (in N/m2 with at least 1 digit after the decimal point) 1.2 Hydraulic Slope at Max Shear Stress (in percent with at least 3 digits after the decimal point)
    2. For velocity-based design 2.1. Max SPEED2D (already available. Good job, devlopment team!) 2.2. Hydraulic slope at max SPEED2D (in percent with at least 3 digits after the decimal point)
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Admin →
  8. odour

Air Phase Model Function - Can Innovyze consider to include air phase modelling function in InfoWorks? At moment, the odour modelling is done separately by various methods using the sewer hydraulic data as the input. As a result, the odour modelling has to be done by different teams and often costing. There is a strong market demand to integrate the liquid and air phase modelling, for example DHI already has a function. It is technically challenging to have a full integration, however there are well developed simplified ways to achieve that.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Admin →
  9. Split a subcatchment

To be able to easily split a subcatchment into 2 separate subcatchments.

For example when it becomes obvious that the flow from a subcatchment cannot be collected at a pit (node), it becomes necessary to insert an additional pit (node) to capture flows. The subcatchment needs to be easily split (say with a general line) into 2 separate subcatchments with similar data other than the new areas.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  2 comments  ·  Hydrology  ·  Admin →
  10. Restrict user ability to "Empty Recycle Bin"

Ideally it would be good to give a couple of named users the ability to empty the recycle bin - everyone else can send things TO the recycle bin, and can go into the bin to recover 'deleted' items, but they won't be able to empty it. This functionality is already present in some other software suites, for example Microsoft SharePoint, where only users designated as 'administrators' can empty the recycle bin.

The recycle bin in ICM is a wonderful upgrade over CS, in that it is now possible to retrieve certain items that have been accidently deleted. However, I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  11. Add bottom orifice in ancillaries

You will find in the attached document a frequent encountered example of a bottom orifices.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Seamless Import/Export of Civil 3d pipe networks into ICM.

Seamless Import/Export of Civil 3d pipe networks into ICM. It just make sense now the companies are joined rather than having to work-around/manipulate data between the two.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ON ROADMAP  ·  1 comment  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Admin →
  13. ICM Template for printing muti-page Geoplan and Long Section views

I can already batch print geoplans and Long Sections by themselves. How to print them together? My current approach is to learn how to manipulate the output PDFs using PDF TK server, ghostscript, and potentially pdfjam, but some of these are new tools for me and I haven't yet made it work. Is there some way to do it using the Print Layout?

Current work in progress:

Batch printing geoplan
    Save each spatial extents using Spatial Bookmarks
    Set up print layout, then select batch print button from toolbar in the Print Layout
    Geoplan showing each bookmark is saved on its…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  14. Highlight and delete multiple vertices when editing features (e.g. roughness zones)

In GIS software when editing features, there is often an option to select a number of vertices to delete/move them as a group. This would speed up time taken to edit features in the model like roughness zones that often need a lot of editing to be compatible with the mesh.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  15. Improve ground infiltration simulation parameters.

Could we have a 'Node level affects groundwater infiltration' for the soil store please?
    This simulation parameter was introduced to InfoWorks ICM recently to limit infiltration from the ground store to the model. Could this be extended to limit flows from the soil store as well?
    As often when are using models for design purposes, infiltration can become excessive in design events compared to verification. Therefore we have to manually reduce soil store inflow, often requiring new limiting discharge orifices and nodes at each subcatchment with GI applied. Thanks

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. adjustments to a selected set of scenario's

In my opinion it would be very useful if you could make the same adjustments in one stretch for a selected set of scenario's. Similar to an adjustement you make in the base scenario that effects all the underlaying scenario's but than for a specific selection of scenario's. It would be handy to restore an error that occurs in several scenario's (scenario' that are all a copy from the same scenario)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. As a user I want to change the amount of decimals when applying Autolabels in Infoworks ICM

I want to change the amount of decimals when I apply Autolabels in Properties and Themes. Right now the default is three decimal places which I cannot edit.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Visualization  ·  Admin →
  18. Generate Stats reports as a background task

Generate Stats reports as a background task so User Interface isn't locked - as for simutations and meshing

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable true 'zooming out' on graphs

I am not sure if this is intended behavior, or if it is actually a bug/oversight, but I would like to request the 'zoom out' tool zooms out from the CURRENT POSITION, by one zoom increment (so just the reverse of how the zoom in works using the mouse scroll wheel). This would keep the zoom in/out consistent with how the GeoPlan zooming works.

If you 'zoom in' to a graph (with the mouse scroll wheel or the 'zoom in' tool), and then pan across to a different time, and then try to 'zoom out', it doesn't work as expected.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Admin →
  20. Theme mapping for rain gauges boundary lines generated using Thiessen polygons method

Boundary lines generated with the Thiessen Polygon methodology to define the boundaries for different rain gauges are too thin when they are automatically generated inside ICM. This make them quite difficult to see when a model is loaded with many different type of objects as sub catchments, mesh zones, roughness zones, etc.

Providing our users with the ability to change thickness/colour/line type in a new row in the Properties and Themes, will allow a better visualization, therefore, better understanding in the Geoplan on how each rain gauge affect different zones of the model.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base