Skip to content

Storm Sewer & Flood Modeling

Welcome to the Innovyze Stormwater, Sewer, and Flood modeling feedback page.

This forum is now locked as we transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

314 results found

1. Include a Rainfall Generator Using Environment Canada Data

Similar to the ARR and NOAA 14 storm generators, build one that could utilize Environment Canada data with common distribution types.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Rainfall  ·  Admin →
  2. Management of Siltation module within ICM Live

As part of our ICM Live system we use the Siltation module. While this creates a dynamic siltation on each pipe, there isn't an easy way to manage it. Once a pipe is cleaned we need to stop the live model and potentially apply all the dynamic silt levels to the conduits as if they were observed and restart the siltation module form scratch. We need a better way. Could we have a job created for PPM (as in InfoAsset) that would reset the dynamic value on specific pipes. This could be linked to InfoAsset?

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Live Modeling  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a result grid window for cross sections

Currently there is not a grid results window to show all cross sections. Would be helpful to have one. Also would be good if the grid window can show geometric elements of each cross section, such as bank levels, flow area, wetted perimeter, hydraulic radius, critical depth, etc.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  River Modeling  ·  Admin →
  4. Rename Pages in Observed vs Predicted Graphs to Flow Monitor/ Depth Monitor nos

Provide way to rename Pages on Observed vs Predicted Graphs to Flow Monitor/ Depth Monitor nos. If there are considerable nos of FM/ DMs, an individual has to go through page nos to find out which FM is checked/verified. Facility to rename the pages to relevant FM/DM would help quick viewing of graphs.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Calibration  ·  Admin →
  5. Import “initial conditions 2D” CSV files in batches .

At the moment I can only import initial conditions 2D” CSV files one by one. It would be helpful if I could import a batch of files in one go, like with CSV rainfall files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow all objects (nodes, subcatchments etc) to be included within the ‘gauge’ objects used in the run window

In a simulation run window the user has the choice to use a selection list of 'gauged' objects. This is useful so as to provide the results of some objects more frequently, or to only save the results from some objects and not others, in order to keep simulation data sizes down. Currently only links can be 'gauged' objects. It would be beneficial to allow all objects to be 'gauged' as currently to save the results for 1 node requires saving all objects in the model.

(In addition, the 2D Zone is by far the most data hungry object, so…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
  7. Importing TIF files

If the name or path of a TIF file contains Japanese characters, importing it as a grid ground model will not work. It would be very helpful if it could be imported even if Japanese characters is included.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Terrain  ·  Admin →
  8. Transportabele database (.icmt) containing an earlier version of the commited network without losing the commit history

For the moment we can only 'branch' an earlier version from the commit history interface or 'copy' this earlier version.
    - the branch can't be disconnected from the 'mother' network
    - the copy looses the commit history
    It would be nice to deliver a .icmt file that contains only the earlier version of a network we are working on including the commit history and detached from the original network, so no branch.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  9. Revision to manhole representation

ICM's default representation of manholes could be more accurate. The limitations of current setup allows accurate representation of either the shaft or the benching but not both. Thus most people tend to apply chamber areas to invert which overestimates the volume prior to surcharge or the shaft to top of benching which overestimates the volume at the surface.

Because we can now define the benching in the database, it would be better if the default dimensions for manholes were altered to represent 4 critical levels, invert, top of benching, roof, and cover. With associated areas as channel, chamber and shaft.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Admin →
  10. Drain to 2D line source from subcatchment

The current function allows rainfall runoff to be given to a node, link, multiple links and 2D point source, but not to 2D line source. We are modelling rivers with 2D meshes, but thinking to represent rainfall runoff with subcatchments, as it is more flexible. However, applying rainfall runoff to a 2D point source can mean that lots of water goes into a single mesh, which is not inappropriate in most cases. So, could you please enhance ICM so that we can drain to 2D line source?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydrology  ·  Admin →
  11. Using SWMM5 treatment equations at a node or link in ICM Networks

Users would like to use SWMM5 Buildup Washoff in ICM Networks AND the SWMM5 treatment equations at a node or link in the ICM St Venant solution.

ICM SWMM networks have both options but for the purposes of using the powerful routing solution in ICM - It would be good to have at least a treatment feature at node/link even as a simple percentage pollutant removal LID/SuDS do have this simple BMP water quality removal.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  2 comments  ·  Water Quality  ·  Admin →
  12. Multiple Conduit Selection

The Select downstream (or upstream) links button is of limited use. Typically, I would like to select all downstream CONDUITS, in order to create a long section, but I find ICM arbitrarily include overland links (curb & gutter) between nodes and not show the conduit. I guess an SQL could be written, but a simple select conduits only button would be better.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Admin →
  13. Promote recently used flags

It would help if your recently used flags were promoted to the top of the flags list.

For example, I am updating flags for some manhole surveys (flagged "SM"). Alphabetically, SM is close to the bottom of the list which means I have to scroll to find the flag. For each manhole, I am probably updating 10-15 flags each time so removing the scroll element of the flag update would save some time and frustration.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  2 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  14. would like whether summer or winter event to be automatically exposed in sim title

would like whether summer or winter event to be automatically exposed in sim title so when undertaking RPA analysis for both summer and winter events this is exposed automatically rarther than having to rename sims prior to running RPA

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
  15. Pruning does not sub reassign drainage links correctly

When pruning, subcatchment drainage manholes are reassigned to the first modeled downstream manhole. However, when pruning subcatchments that drain to single or multiple links, ICM gives incorrect results in some cases and doesn't work at all in other cases, which then causes validation errors after pruning. I submitted this as a bug since it gives incorrect results, but Innovyze asked me to submit is as a "feature request". So please vote for this so it can be fixed and work correctly.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  16. Sub catchment Ground Slope

Currently ICM isn't equipped with the tools to calculate the slope from an underlying ground model or 2D zone so this will need to be determined outside of the program. Can you include the ability for the program to calculate an average catchment slope based on the 2D mesh data or ground model within each sub catchment as an option if this has not been done outside of ICM?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydrology  ·  Admin →
  17. RTC Debugging Interface and Support

It would be really useful to have a debugging module for the RTC components in InfoWorks ICM so that one can go step by step through a simulation to display in simulation RTC values-things like variable values (e.g. timers), range/logic values, active/deactivate rules and so on to make isolating RTC schemes simpler. This would be kind of like a debugging module for computer programming in languages such as VBA or C++ or perhaps another grid view. I also find that there are a lot of RTC concepts that we find our by trial and error and it would be useful…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  18. zoom to selection

I am using a Ruby script that dynamically updates the current selection.

I would like to be able to be invoke the "zoom to selection" user-interface function from within the script so that the progress of the script can be viewed by end-users. It would also be useful in developing and checking the logic of the script.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Admin →
  19. Layer list theme view

Theme view that shows the background layer themes. So if I have created a theme on a layer I'd like to be able to see that theme without going in to the layer list properties etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Admin →
  20. Add 2D result labels for ICM mesh elements

I would like to display the 2D results (depth, elevation, velocity) at each individual GRID cell using labels.
    This is currently available in XPSWMM, so I would like the same functionality in InfoWorks ICM as I would rather not have to export the data to GIS.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base