Skip to content

Water Distribution

This form is now locked to allow us to transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

89 results found

1. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. inlet riser option for tank

Have an option to specify an Inlet Riser Pipe for the tank element. This would hold the fill head at a constant, set at the riser pipe elevation, but allow the tank discharge head vary with the tank level.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sort selection sets/ re-order them

Would be very useful if you could either sort selection set orders or move selections up or down the list. This would make it much faster to find the selection set you want in a large list (e.g. DMA selection sets in alphabetical order)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Water Quality  ·  Admin →
  5. Simple Criticality Assessment Manager reporting in InfoWater Pro

I want a simple report for each pounded area between valves, reporting the length of pipe affected, number of customers, number of critical customers, amount of demand taken offline by isolation, and possibly the total volume of demand lost between a specified time range.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ON ROADMAP  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  6. Statistics in Demand Field Suming

I notice that the software seems to sum the individual demands in the DB editor with their rounded values. This caused a significant discrepancy when summing the demands in the individual pressure zones but they didn't add up the to total system demand shown in the run report. It seems like the summation in the DB editor should not be rounding the individual demands and then doing a sum, but rather using the true demands (to the decimal place they was loaded) and then doing a sum and rounding that overall sum.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  7. Consistency in Plots Titles for Simulation and Live Data Plot Reports

Consistency in Plots Titles for Simulation and Live Data Plot Reports

In Graph tool plot title include ‘Asset ID’ and ‘Node ID’ e.g. “Hausegill SR (Reservoir: 004T4011)”. However in the Simulation report in only shows ‘Node ID ‘ e.g. ”004T4011”
    Could it be made consistent and for the Simulation report to include both ‘Asset ID’ and ‘Node ID’ so plot titles are the same across different graphs components.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I want to be able to customize the minor loss table for pipe networks.

It would be nice if the user could modify the minor loss table for pipes. Whether it be changing the minor loss values, deleting, or editing the existing values. Since we all have our own resource we typical reference for these values, it would be nice to import those values and have that database saved in Infowater to make it easy to add all bends, etc. while building a model.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Time varying initial water age profile

As a user it would be great to be able to add a time varying initial water age profile for transfer nodes. This would allow us to assess water age within the distribution network without having to combine models.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Water Quality  ·  Admin →
  10. CAM Enhancement

CAM Enhancements

A few things to consider that I think would make your tool better than others I have seen/used:

1. The ability to export the pounded areas into GIS. It seems to me this shouldn’t be difficult as you are color coding them now in your software
    2. The ability to export the other results to GIS like closed elements, isolated junctions, etc… into GIS.
    3. The ability to identify the number of customers (i.e. meters) and the number of critical customers (i.e. meters) isolated for each pounded area. This would require a GIS point layer with meters associated with pipes and…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want to be able to put be able to customize what shows up in "pipes to flush" box

Would like to be able to use any attribute within feature class in "pipes to flush" box so that can be easier to customize and communicate with field team

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Water Quality  ·  Admin →
  12. InfoWater: Report volume stored in tanks

I can calculate volume from level, but it's an extra step and requires that I copy the run results out to Excel. It's even more difficult if I have a non-circular tank. Please include tank volume in the tank results and in the "System Demand" report.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  13. Multi-thread simulations

As a user I want to take advantage of multi-threaded CPUs to accelerate simulation intensive procedures (e.g. design calibration)

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Option to display in the same time assignments of properties to nodes and to pipes

Add an option to map to display in the same time assignments of properties to nodes and to pipes. At the moment it is not possible as the 'Customer Point Demand Assignment' option is a radio button.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Engine  ·  Admin →
  15. Extend flexibility in displaying information associated to HGL profiles

As an InfoWater user I'd like to be able to add more information to my HGL profile, including nodal pressure, pipe diameter, flow, velocity, etc. I'd like see max/min level achieved throughout the simulation and have the ability to quickly add pipes to profile

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  16. Add ability to rename datasets, patterns, queries, etc

1. Allow the "Change ID" tool to rename datasets, patterns, queries, etc.
    2. Make the "Change ID" window wider or resizeable to fit longer IDs.
    10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
    RECEIVED  ·  Luca Serena responded

Partially completed: “Change ID” window is now resizable. Functionality available from InfoWater Pro 3.5 Update 2. Target release data April 2021

17. Initial Tank Levels

It would be great to be able to change the initial tank levels without having to create a whole new tank data set or putting a duplicate tank in the current data set. That way, the initial tank level condition can be changed for any given scenario without having to worry about changes in tank geometry across all scenarios. I believe WaterGEMS allows you to do this so it would be great to see this functionality in InfoWater. Perhaps initial tank levels could be placed under the Initial Node Status controls?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Smart meters

Water utilities in Australia are installing smart meters in domestic and other non residential properties. Smart meters generates large data sets at each and every individual properties. Any thoughts to integrate those data in to the distribution network models?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ON ROADMAP  ·  1 comment  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Admin →
  19. Be able to change the background colour

In InfoWorks the background colour for the GeoPlan is white - it would be beneficial to change this colour to the users choice to make particular features stand-out more clearly in the GeoPlan view

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  20. Head Units

In WS Pro it would be useful to be able to set the units for head in m AD. This used to be an option in WS. It can be confusing for people starting in or not familiar with modelling to differentiate between pressure and head and having this option would really help.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base