Skip to content

Water Distribution

This form is now locked to allow us to transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

89 results found

1. water age - representing re-chlorination station by resetting age to 0 hrs

Depending on the size of the distribution/reticulation system water is often chlorination at the WTP and re-chlorinated at various locations within the network.

There is no way to reset the water age value at a reservoir or node etc. to represent a re-chlorination station. This makes it difficult to get an idea of the age of water in the reticulation since passing the last re-chlorination station.

Can this feature be added to the model?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Water Quality  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like more informative error messages when trying to Change an ID

I tried to change the ID for a pump, but I overlooked the “Target Element Type” dropdown, which was automatically set to junction.

It took me a while to realize my mistake. It might be helpful to other users if the error messages/warnings (see below) were a bit more informative… I’d suggest something like “WARNING: Junction ID ‘P1240’ does not exist.” I think this would have helped me realize my error much sooner.

WARNING: unable to change Junction ID from 'P1240' to 'P1241'.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  3. Support variable speed in live data

Variable speed is now an unsupported attribute in live data.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Telemetry  ·  Admin →
  4. Node Name Generation Default

In WS PRO it would be great to be able to set Node Name Generation format as a default for all networks in a database instead of having to enter it in every time I want to add nodes to a network

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DISCUSSION  ·  Luca Serena responded

The functionality is already provided with the Digitisation Template in WS Pro. Please confirm what enhancement are you suggesting. Thanks

5. Set Area Codes- InfoWorks WS Pro

Add an "Exclude Selection List" option to the "set Area Codes" tool in IW WS Pro so that you can exclude selected links from the area code trace.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Engine  ·  Admin →
  6. Add new run groups and move existing runs to these

I’ve currently got one very big run group which should’ve really been split into several different ones.
    Is there a way to move around runs? In the explorer there’s only really the option to duplicate.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. As a user, I would like to automate importing network from any external software (Synergi, Epanet, Aquis etc,) in model group

To complete the initial model set up with Exchange tool, it will be great if importing external software is also automated, as this will enable us do the complete set up in one go without opening the model.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Admin →
  8. Improvements to custom DB table fields

1. Ability to modify the length of custom fields in the DB tables after they have been created. This is particularly a problem when you create a text field, but realize later it is too short. Another option would be to make the default text length 250 characters rather than 20.
    2. Better manager for custom fields. The user should be able to create a field once and choose which information DB tables to add it to. See example at link. https://ibb.co/CbFKnn2
    5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  2 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  9. A simple way to straighten short links to display symbols more clearly

When using the "Expand Short Links" option I find that the expanded links will inherit some geometric points from the adjacent links, and hence symbols for valves, meters etc may not display too well if adjacent to a pipe bend. It would be useful to have a function to delete all bends from a selected group of links, so as to straighten the links out to enable symbols to be displayed more clearly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  10. Edit Pump and Valve Curves in IWLive

IWLive is the perfect platform to examine how well valve and pump curves are simulating the actual behavior under a wide range of system conditions. If these could be modified in an incident run, it would save lots of time going back to WS to modify them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. Boundary trace toolbar shortcut

I often use the boundary trace tool to understand the extent of a DMA/PMA. Currently, we have to go to Geoplan -> Tracing Tools -> Boundary Trace, and it would be a lot easier if it was available as a toolbar shortcut.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hyperlinks to specific pages within a document, not just the file/folder

When adding hyperlinks to features within the properties, enable the ability to link to a specific page within the document itself rather than just opening the document on the first page or folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. As a planner, I want a single, integrated modelling platform to represent the water supply, sewerage and drainage (1D/2D) system.

Melbourne Water has successfully completed a pilot modelling study using InfoWorks ICM to build a single integrated model to represent the water supply, sewerage and drainage system (including overland flooding) for a proposed redevelopment area (27,000 lots) in Melbourne.

The study explored the capabilities of the software to model the urban water cycle. It has identified some significant advantages to an integrated modelling approach, however there are some key limitations of the software and hardware which limit its future use.

We have published a joint paper that discussed the need and the concept and that can be make available upon…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow copying of model object Sub-themes to Theme objects in the db tree

The ability to use the 'copy sub-theme' functionality from the Properties & Themes dialog to copy sub-themes to Theme objects that are saved in the database tree.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. As a user of InfoWorks WS PRO, I would like to better simulate FMV valves

In InfoWorks WS PRO is possible to simulate FMV valves, but I would like to introduce a "deviation" option to better simulate it.
    I give an example: imagine a valve whose pressure setting is 2 Bar if flow is from 0 to 10 L/s, and 2.5 Bar if flow is from 10 to 20 L/s. I would like to introduce the possibility to add a "flow deviation" parameter to avoid unexpected opening/closing when flow is close to 10 L/s. For example, we could set deviation at 0.5 L/s, so that pressure will remain 2 bar up to 10.5 L/s when…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Smarter UDF Flush Sequence Manager Operations tab selection tools

When using the UDF Flush Sequence Manager Operations tab [Close >], [Open >], or [Remove >] selection tools, I would like to receive the error "WARNING: Node ### is not in the Selection Set 'VALVES'" less often.

Currently you must zoom in and only select the node you wish to change the state of; any other nodes included in the selection that are not in the relevant selection set will cause this error to pop up.

When using [Close >], the tool should only recognize valves whose current state is set to Open, and should close all selected valves, ignoring…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. InfoWater SA to be capable of managing transparency in the background layers

Not having the capability in InfoWater SA to manage background information as used to be possible with H2OMap affect directly the efficiency of the product itself.

Clarence Valley Council

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option of splitting pipes/Polygons in InfoWorks WS Pro

Like the option available to split the polygons, if there is an option available that would be good.

If we are able to automatically split the pipe into many segments automatically using an automated option like the feature available in ICM to generate river cross sections, that would be helpful especially where we have long sections of pipes where it would be difficult to replicate ground level variations.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A simple way to get an upstream or downstream trace analysis for all objects (node or pipe)

In WS Pro
    Upstream/downstream tracing is easy for a single object.
    Obtaining a single useful value (i.e. property count) is easy for multiple objects.

Combining the two is very difficult at the moment in WS Pro

I want to be able to obtain, either for all objects or a selection, the value of data x upstream or downstream.

For example: length of mains upstream, no of properties downstream

This would be a really powerful risk assessment tool but also useful for quick operational analysis.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base