Skip to content

Water Distribution

This form is now locked to allow us to transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

89 results found

1. I want to be able to customize the minor loss table for pipe networks.

It would be nice if the user could modify the minor loss table for pipes. Whether it be changing the minor loss values, deleting, or editing the existing values. Since we all have our own resource we typical reference for these values, it would be nice to import those values and have that database saved in Infowater to make it easy to add all bends, etc. while building a model.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. CAM Enhancement

CAM Enhancements

A few things to consider that I think would make your tool better than others I have seen/used:

1. The ability to export the pounded areas into GIS. It seems to me this shouldn’t be difficult as you are color coding them now in your software
    2. The ability to export the other results to GIS like closed elements, isolated junctions, etc… into GIS.
    3. The ability to identify the number of customers (i.e. meters) and the number of critical customers (i.e. meters) isolated for each pounded area. This would require a GIS point layer with meters associated with pipes and…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. Multi-fireflow in WS Pro

Currently, the available built-in fireflow options in WS Pro run for individual nodes/hydrants as if no hydrant in the system is open. Adding the ability to run multiple hydrants that are opened simultaneously will be very useful.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I want to be able to put be able to customize what shows up in "pipes to flush" box

Would like to be able to use any attribute within feature class in "pipes to flush" box so that can be easier to customize and communicate with field team

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Water Quality  ·  Admin →
  5. Simple Criticality Assessment Manager reporting in InfoWater Pro

I want a simple report for each pounded area between valves, reporting the length of pipe affected, number of customers, number of critical customers, amount of demand taken offline by isolation, and possibly the total volume of demand lost between a specified time range.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ON ROADMAP  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  6. InfoWater: Report volume stored in tanks

I can calculate volume from level, but it's an extra step and requires that I copy the run results out to Excel. It's even more difficult if I have a non-circular tank. Please include tank volume in the tank results and in the "System Demand" report.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  7. Statistics in Demand Field Suming

I notice that the software seems to sum the individual demands in the DB editor with their rounded values. This caused a significant discrepancy when summing the demands in the individual pressure zones but they didn't add up the to total system demand shown in the run report. It seems like the summation in the DB editor should not be rounding the individual demands and then doing a sum, but rather using the true demands (to the decimal place they was loaded) and then doing a sum and rounding that overall sum.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Consistency in Plots Titles for Simulation and Live Data Plot Reports

Consistency in Plots Titles for Simulation and Live Data Plot Reports

In Graph tool plot title include ‘Asset ID’ and ‘Node ID’ e.g. “Hausegill SR (Reservoir: 004T4011)”. However in the Simulation report in only shows ‘Node ID ‘ e.g. ”004T4011”
    Could it be made consistent and for the Simulation report to include both ‘Asset ID’ and ‘Node ID’ so plot titles are the same across different graphs components.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Water Quality  ·  Admin →
  11. Sort selection sets/ re-order them

Would be very useful if you could either sort selection set orders or move selections up or down the list. This would make it much faster to find the selection set you want in a large list (e.g. DMA selection sets in alphabetical order)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  12. I would like more informative error messages when trying to Change an ID

I tried to change the ID for a pump, but I overlooked the “Target Element Type” dropdown, which was automatically set to junction.

It took me a while to realize my mistake. It might be helpful to other users if the error messages/warnings (see below) were a bit more informative… I’d suggest something like “WARNING: Junction ID ‘P1240’ does not exist.” I think this would have helped me realize my error much sooner.

WARNING: unable to change Junction ID from 'P1240' to 'P1241'.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hyperlinks to specific pages within a document, not just the file/folder

When adding hyperlinks to features within the properties, enable the ability to link to a specific page within the document itself rather than just opening the document on the first page or folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Option to display in the same time assignments of properties to nodes and to pipes

Add an option to map to display in the same time assignments of properties to nodes and to pipes. At the moment it is not possible as the 'Customer Point Demand Assignment' option is a radio button.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Engine  ·  Admin →
  15. As a user of InfoWorks WS PRO, I would like to better simulate FMV valves

In InfoWorks WS PRO is possible to simulate FMV valves, but I would like to introduce a "deviation" option to better simulate it.
    I give an example: imagine a valve whose pressure setting is 2 Bar if flow is from 0 to 10 L/s, and 2.5 Bar if flow is from 10 to 20 L/s. I would like to introduce the possibility to add a "flow deviation" parameter to avoid unexpected opening/closing when flow is close to 10 L/s. For example, we could set deviation at 0.5 L/s, so that pressure will remain 2 bar up to 10.5 L/s when…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. As a user, I would like to automate importing network from any external software (Synergi, Epanet, Aquis etc,) in model group

To complete the initial model set up with Exchange tool, it will be great if importing external software is also automated, as this will enable us do the complete set up in one go without opening the model.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Admin →
  17. Smarter UDF Flush Sequence Manager Operations tab selection tools

When using the UDF Flush Sequence Manager Operations tab [Close >], [Open >], or [Remove >] selection tools, I would like to receive the error "WARNING: Node ### is not in the Selection Set 'VALVES'" less often.

Currently you must zoom in and only select the node you wish to change the state of; any other nodes included in the selection that are not in the relevant selection set will cause this error to pop up.

When using [Close >], the tool should only recognize valves whose current state is set to Open, and should close all selected valves, ignoring…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. InfoWater SA to be capable of managing transparency in the background layers

Not having the capability in InfoWater SA to manage background information as used to be possible with H2OMap affect directly the efficiency of the product itself.

Clarence Valley Council

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option of splitting pipes/Polygons in InfoWorks WS Pro

Like the option available to split the polygons, if there is an option available that would be good.

If we are able to automatically split the pipe into many segments automatically using an automated option like the feature available in ICM to generate river cross sections, that would be helpful especially where we have long sections of pipes where it would be difficult to replicate ground level variations.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A simple way to straighten short links to display symbols more clearly

When using the "Expand Short Links" option I find that the expanded links will inherit some geometric points from the adjacent links, and hence symbols for valves, meters etc may not display too well if adjacent to a pipe bend. It would be useful to have a function to delete all bends from a selected group of links, so as to straighten the links out to enable symbols to be displayed more clearly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base