Skip to content

Storm Sewer & Flood Modeling

Welcome to the Innovyze Stormwater, Sewer, and Flood modeling feedback page.

This forum is now locked as we transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

370 results found

1. Allow user default sorting of Master Database, and sorting of Layers and Themes properties

In InfoWorks ICM, allow the user to choose the default sorting of the Master Database and allow sorting of the Layers and Themes in Geoplan Properties and Themes.

I would like to be able to have the master database automatically/default sorted based on something else (description/ID/User/Date).

Would also like to sort the Layers & Themes dialogue, as it seems pretty random (not even alphabetical!) and often difficult to find the layer I'm looking for.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RECEIVED  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. Modelling of mud and other non-Newtonian flows

We've a lot of work at the moment modelling the failure of tailings dams. Tailings dams typically have material that acts in a non-Newtonian manner. To effectively model these sorts of fluids would require the inclusion of additional fluid properties. The Bingham method (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bingham_plastic) has been successfully applied in other applications.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Admin →
  3. Ground Models Management for combining

Provide a method to merge an existing ground model with a proposed condition model

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  2 comments  ·  Terrain  ·  Admin →
  4. Alert Action Repetition Control - repeat action after alert has been active for Xnr runs

We have a model set up to process the EA's flood alerts and send out warnings when new ones become active. The model runs every 30 minutes, so we pick up the latest alerts and the repetition control is set to once so people don't become drowned in alerts. I would like to be able, if the EA alert was still active, to repeat this alert 24 hours later - so maybe have an additional repetition control column to repeat the alert after Xnr model runs. So in this case 48 runs would give me my daily repeat of the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Live Modeling  ·  Admin →
  5. Use edit flag for selection of fields only

By using the Use edit flag option, all changed fields are now set to the edit flag. For a lot of fields (for example the us and ds node or the suffix) it is not necessary to set this flag to the Edit flag.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Admin →
  6. Infoworks ICM - XPSWMM

Provide a easy model/network transport option from one program to the other. Many municipalities within WA utilise XPSWMM and therefore are note able to read an ICM model.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can Perth Coastal grid be included in the GIS (Custom Coordinate Systems)

I would like to have the ability to define custom project grids based on known coordinate systems.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

MORE INFO NEEDED  ·  pascal.lang responded

Would it be possible to expand on this request, is this is a projection being referenced, a rainfall grid or something else? Thanks.

8. User defined results fields

Can we have user defined results fields? these would allow us to generate time series results that could include the total flows from a series of subcatchments or the total flow going to a node. another example is where we are required to generate a WQ 'score' where the score is a combination of a number of water quality parameters. There would be implications for live modelling as well. We'd be comfortable with having to write a SQL to get what we need.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
    RECEIVED  ·  pascal.lang responded

Thanks for this idea, while it can already be done for themes, extending this out for results generation sounds good. The assumption is that a retrospectively applied SQL to populate User Text 1 with the desired result isn’t sufficient for this requirement?

9. Simple means to set initial storage area water surface elevations

Please incorporate a system for setting initial water surface elevations in storage nodes that works as easily as the process is in XPSWMM or HEC-RAS. The program should hold this water level during warm-up stabilization.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Refine selection to include subcatchments draining to multiple links or other subcatchments

Subcatchments draining to a single link can already be added to an existing selection of node and links by using the refine option, if the upstream node of that link is selected. It would be interesting to have a similar extension for subcatchments draining to multiple links or to other subcatchments. E.g. when I select part of a network by routing and I want to know the total contributing area of it, regardless of the connecting mode of the subcatchments.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  pascal.lang responded

Thank you for submitting this idea, it would make for a good extension to existing functionality in this space.

11. RTC updated to support scripting

It would be good to have RTCs available through direct scripting rather than through the RTC editor alone.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  12. Hyperlinks to specific pages not just files/documents

When adding hyperlinks to features within the properties, enable the ability to link to a specific page within the document itself rather than just a folder location or document opening on the first page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  13. The ability to save databases/models as previous versions for backwards compatibility

A few of our clients use different versions of InfoWorks for various reasons (some are resistant to upgrading until they've had a chance to vet the new versions and understand the changes in house). This can create a problem where we must maintain and build using multiple versions of the software and multiple databases for different versions to serve different clients.

I would like the ability to save a database/transportable database for compatibility of previous versions. Similar to what we have with AutoCAD, where you can work in the latest version, but choose which version to save it in. Currently…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  14. Rating curves / equations as downstream boundaries

At the moment we can use 'user control' links to act upstream of the DS boundary. These links have head/flow/power as their inputs. It would be useful to have a dedicated object that could be either a look up table of levels (rather than heads) and discharges, or an equation that would define the level / discharge relationship. Note that if an equation option were selected then it would need to be multi-part to allow for a changing relationship as water goes out of bank.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  River Modeling  ·  Admin →
  15. Improved Method to export videos / graphics from ICM

This suggestion is from NYC DEP. We would like the ability to more easily export results from ICM in video or picture format.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Visualization  ·  Admin →
  16. Ground Surface Comparison with sceanarios

I am trying to calculate the excavation/fill volume by comparing my existing model with the proposed one. I know we can open simulation results with “As alternate results for comparison” which allows us to compare flooding depth from two different scenarios. I expect to have something like this for ground surface as well so that we can see the different ground elevation visually and/or numerically.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

MORE INFO NEEDED  ·  0 comments  ·  Terrain  ·  Admin →
  17. Intelligently select nodes in river reaches

When clicking on a node over a subcatchment, the software can recognise the user is after the node. When the same is done for a node on a river reach, the node is not automatically selected but rather the choice is presented to the user.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  River Modeling  ·  Admin →
  18. Realign feature

A new feature I’d like to see for lines/polygons is a ‘realign feature’ tool. When selected, if you clicked on a vertex in a line or on a polygon boundary (single click and release), it would ‘grab’ that vertex and allow you to move it. Once you placed it, when you move the mouse either direction along the line, it would AUTOMATICALLY grab the next vertex on the line. Right-clicking would bring up a menu allowing you to ‘release’ the line (leaving the ‘grabbed’ vertex in its original location), delete the grabbed vertex, insert a new vertex, or ‘skip’ a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  19. As a user, I would like to have warnings about the landuse polygon size that will greatly slow down the performance in XPSWMM.

Large number of land use polygons can greatly slow down the performance of XPSWMM, it can take up to 10 min to open and save a model. Ideally this issue should be fixed. Before that happens, if XPSWMM can warn the user for the large size of the landuse polygons, and provide links to ways to simplify the polygons or move landuse out as a reference layer, that will save the users lots of time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Admin →
  20. Please provide Intellisense to the SQL Editor in ICM

I want the SQL Editor to help me write SQL queries by color coding and autocompleting data, similar to Intellisence.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base