Skip to content

Storm Sewer & Flood Modeling

Welcome to the Innovyze Stormwater, Sewer, and Flood modeling feedback page.

This forum is now locked as we transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

370 results found

1. Merge more than two polygon in one go

Merging polygons representing for instance mesh zones can help reducing the number of triangles, particularly small ones, and reduce simulation time. The version of ICM I am using can only merge two polygons at the time. I currently do the polygon merge as part of my data pre-processing before importing the data into ICM as I can merge more than two polygons at the time. However, it would be useful to be able merge several polygons in one go in ICM.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like the option to model pump station that operate using VFDs.

I would like to be able to enter the full and reduced speed pump curves for each pump station that is controlled by variable frequency drives. In addition, I would need the set point or control that causes the pumps to ramp up to full speed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Admin →
  3. Dissolve river reaches into multiple river reaches

It would be great to have the capability to generate automatically and perfectly snapped nodes in all/some of the X-sections of one/multiple river reaches in ICM and therefore split that river reach into various river reaches (kind of the opposite tool of the river reach merging tool). The two main applications for this are 1) If you need to connect a pipe to a river reach and you need to add a new node that will interpolate a new X-section somewhere and will cause the river reach polygon to be outdated, so you need to generate it again... it is…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  River Modeling  ·  Admin →
  4. Optional channel to river reachs option

The way ICM identifies the centre-line of the river reach is by using the point with the lowest invert level. Regardless of the shape of the channels of how much is the value of the X coordinate, didn't affect the appearance of the section to generate, I hope to be able to add a function, can recognize the center line of the river, and the X coordinate is used to define a mapping point distance from the centerline of the channel of the (negative value on behalf of the center line on the left side of the river, when the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  River Modeling  ·  Admin →
  5. Orifice to limit flow in both directions

A limiting discharge set on an orifice should limit flow in both directions. Currently, the orifice limits flow in the forward direction; however, flow can go in the reverse direction at an unlimited rate. Hydraulically, if there is a physical feature that limits flow, it seems that it would limit to (for example) <10 l/s and > - 10 l/s.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Include groundlevel as attribute in export network 2D mesh elements

When you export a model to shape for example, only the element id is included. You have to run a simulation (for a second) and then exporting maximum reveales the element ground level. It saves time to add the mesh element level to the export. Although easy to add in GIS, the element area is also a handy attribute

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Admin →
  7. Auto-space custom labels

We use custom labels a lot in reporting how we model ancillaries, and for complex assets spend a long time adjusting labels so they don't overlap and do show up properly.
    It would be great if a more "smart" label engine could be used so that labels don't overlap each other, and a few simple other rules e.g. as close to the object as possible, avoid line crossing, and automatically show any newly generated label within the current view extent.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Admin →
  8. It would be great to add PMP (probable maximum precipitation) calculator to XPSWMM and XPSTORM

It would be great to add PMP (probable maximum precipitation) calculator to XPSWMM and XPSTORM

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydrology  ·  Admin →
  9. Transfer roughness values after cross section extension

When a cross section is extended, the roughness values are not populated automatically when it is probably valid in a significant number of cases to carry forward the existing roughnesses of the cross section end points.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Infoworks ICM cross section

Provide a function to easily assess cross sections of the ground model, similar to the XPSWMM function

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create selection list from level or inflow events

In some of our older or larger models the number of profiles in level or inflow events have grown to > 100. Through the time quite a number of these have become obsolete because of consecutive model updates (resulting in many log warnings), but it is a very painstaking task to check them all one by one. Therefore it would be a big help if there were a possibility to create a selection list from these events that contains all the profile IDs (and vice versa to create a new event with profiles based on an existing selection list).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  12. Infoworks ICM - 12d import

Import 12d tin files, both surface and network model files.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Admin →
  13. InfoSWMM from InfoSewer should allow the user to pick a scenario on import. It is a feature of InfoSWMM to convert an InfoSewer MXD and IE

We only allow the user to import the active scenario in InfoSewer. If a user does not have InfoSewer then he or she must guess which is the active scenario. It would better to have a dialog to allow the user to import their selected and needed scenario.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Admin →
  14. Use TSDB data streams in flexible graphs

Currently, I can graph individual TSDB streams, or once a simulation has run compare a TSDB stream with modelled data at a particular node. But it would be helpful if I could compare TSDB streams with other TSDB streams, or with multiple model locations, or with many other possibilities that I cant immediately think of.

The flexible custom graph already allows me to do that with modelled data and with data from events (rainfall, observed levels, etc): adding the ability to use TSDB streams would make this already useful function even more powerful.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Tile only for selected windows

Choose which Windows are used for Tile Horizontally or Tile Vertically. If a Geoplan and two Long Sections are open, we want to tile only the Long Sections, so a selection for the tiling would be useful.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Conveyance on cross section lines

Provide cross section conveyance for each cross section

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Admin →
  17. Ground model inference rememebered

When object entries are updated from ground model, it would be good if the previously used settings could be remembered the next time the dialog is triggered.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. RTC - New time range to allow "between 2 dates" every year

In a similar way to the way "time repeat" works, can we have an RTC range that works between the same 2 dates every year. I have a catchment where the operating protocol works differently in the Bathing Season from the rest of the year. Having a way to check with one range if we are in the bathing season or not would avoid the clunky work arounds.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can ICM add particle tracking module?

When there are pollutants that enter a system from various sources then it would be good to have pollutant tracing functionality which shows the source and the pollutant moving through the system, giving an idea of the rate at which it travels and impacts areas downstream.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Merge radar and rain gauge data for accurate spatial rainfall assignment

I would like to use radar rainfall like NEXRAD and spatially correct it to my rain gauge network locally before applying the rainfall in my model.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Rainfall  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base