Skip to content

Storm Sewer & Flood Modeling

Welcome to the Innovyze Stormwater, Sewer, and Flood modeling feedback page.

This forum is now locked as we transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

370 results found

1. XPSWMM Inlet capacity - head difference rating or geometry-based inlets

Inlet capacity creates a second node internally to XPSWMM. Currently, the rating curve methods for it are calculated based on node depth, rather than head differential, which doesn’t work right with 2D if the storm sewer HGL is above the gutter.

I really like how inlet capacity doesn’t require adding an extra node. I would like to suggest it be expanded as follows:

1) Simply add a head differential rating curve.

2) Add a structure-based option for inlets,

For a structure-based inlet, it could essentially be a multi-link. I would like to have a global database of standard inlet types…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Admin →
  2. Use Machine Learning to estimate subcatchment inflows to network

Allow users to skip parameterized subcatchment hydrology estimates which may become outdated over time and replace it with machine learning on measured data from TSDB.

Flow meter could train algorithm which learns to predict flows based on rainfall. This flow is then allocated to upstream contributing subcatchments.
    As TSDB grows, flow forecasts potentially improve.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Live Modeling  ·  Admin →
  3. Import HAZUS data into InfoWorks ICM Damage Functions

HAZUS data can be accessed from the backend using MS SQL. Could an import function be added to ICM which would allow a connection to the database and import data as needed to create damage functions?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Admin →
  4. Better documentation on XPX/XPTABLES to map UI element to variables

I would like for Innovyze to create a complete list of all the codes that can be used in XPX or XPTables, with descriptions of how they are used, and/or make it very easy to find out what those codes are.

For example, NKLASS is used in XPX to change the conduit shape. In XPX, the NKLASS codes are just numbers that correspond to particular shapes. To figure out which number is which takes making a dummy model . I was hoping that you have a full data definition somewhere that tells what all these things are.

In XPTables, however,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to create a template for model import from GIS to XPSWMM

When you go exchange data from GIS to XPSWMM you need to find all the fields you want each time and rename all the field for GIS compatibility. I would like to create a standard template once and use that template for each model and each time I need to exchange data. I may even create smaller templates to import catchments, hydrology data, and networks separately.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I want the Show Maxima function to apply to Pipe Shear Stress

Currently, the "Show Maxima" results button doesn't apply to pipe Shear Stress (calculated through QM, Quality Module).

It seems pipe Shear Stress is the only thing that Shear Stress is the only thing the "Show Maxima" results button doesn't apply to.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
  7. Export of simulation log files from ICMLive

We'd like the log file to be automatically exported as part of the live modelling workflows. This log file contains important information pertaining to the TSDBs that we would like to use in some additional post-processing. Could this be part of the manifest export process?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Live Modeling  ·  Admin →
  8. One more File name format for ASCII Grid (forecast) in Spatial TSDB

Now the file name format like *YYYYMMDDHHhhhmm of ASCII grid (forecast) can be supported in Spatial TSDB. However, if the user has a forecast origin accurate to minute, it cannot be used. A new file name format of *YYYYMMDDHHMMhhhmm should be included.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  9. On behave of Chinese users, could developing team transfer drainage design module from infoSwmm into ICM?

On behave of Chinese users, could developing team transfer drainage design module from infoSwmm into ICM?

Clients in China do have this wish to do drainage and model in same software. Many of our potential client choose Hongye (a simple drainage modelling software) instead of ICM only because Hongye could do pipe design work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    IN DISCUSSION  ·  pascal.lang responded

Thanks for raising this request on User Voice. For the drainage design requirements across the globe at a localised scale we have InfoDrainage, when looking to take a design which has been produced and to then understand the more holistic catchment wide impact of such a design, this is where the model can be imported into InfoWorks ICM for integration. It is probably worth exploring this in more detail in this instance to understand exactly what the end goal the client is after and at what scale the work is being completed if that would be possible.

10. As a user, I would like to be able to export node max stage for all different global storms when exporting to GIS in XPSWMM.

When exporting results to GIS, it should export all the storms that are selected, so that I don't need to manually extract the information and piece them together.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
  11. It would be great to add PMP (probable maximum precipitation) calculator to XPSWMM and XPSTORM

It would be great to add PMP (probable maximum precipitation) calculator to XPSWMM and XPSTORM

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydrology  ·  Admin →
  12. Merge radar and rain gauge data for accurate spatial rainfall assignment

I would like to use radar rainfall like NEXRAD and spatially correct it to my rain gauge network locally before applying the rainfall in my model.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Rainfall  ·  Admin →
  13. Infoworks ICM - XPSWMM

Provide a easy model/network transport option from one program to the other. Many municipalities within WA utilise XPSWMM and therefore are note able to read an ICM model.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Admin →
  14. Refine selection to include subcatchments draining to multiple links or other subcatchments

Subcatchments draining to a single link can already be added to an existing selection of node and links by using the refine option, if the upstream node of that link is selected. It would be interesting to have a similar extension for subcatchments draining to multiple links or to other subcatchments. E.g. when I select part of a network by routing and I want to know the total contributing area of it, regardless of the connecting mode of the subcatchments.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  pascal.lang responded

Thank you for submitting this idea, it would make for a good extension to existing functionality in this space.

15. Realign feature

A new feature I’d like to see for lines/polygons is a ‘realign feature’ tool. When selected, if you clicked on a vertex in a line or on a polygon boundary (single click and release), it would ‘grab’ that vertex and allow you to move it. Once you placed it, when you move the mouse either direction along the line, it would AUTOMATICALLY grab the next vertex on the line. Right-clicking would bring up a menu allowing you to ‘release’ the line (leaving the ‘grabbed’ vertex in its original location), delete the grabbed vertex, insert a new vertex, or ‘skip’ a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  16. no flag update when updating via CSV

In ICM, when only updating a value via CSV file (Network -> Import -> Update from CSV files), the data flag should be left untouched instead of being "blanked" or updated with a new value (based on the "Flag to use for new/updated data" in the 'import from CSV data" screen)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  17. Improved Method to export videos / graphics from ICM

This suggestion is from NYC DEP. We would like the ability to more easily export results from ICM in video or picture format.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Visualization  ·  Admin →
  18. Checking

Can we have a feature to monitor who has Network Soft Licences. Earlier we had the Admin Control center to check.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  19. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create preset 2D inflow equation

Similar to inlet capacity, have the ability to create 2D inflow equations relative to inlet size and control depending on weir or orifice curves. This will allow the user to increase or change 2D inflow control easier and more standardized.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base