Skip to content

Storm Sewer & Flood Modeling

Welcome to the Innovyze Stormwater, Sewer, and Flood modeling feedback page.

This forum is now locked as we transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

370 results found

1. Run a SQL Query that requires sim and sim2 to be active from ICM Exchange

I would like to run a SQL query from ICM Exchange that requires two simulations to be active. I would like to be able to call multiple simulations simultaneously from Exchange.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Date Properties to Scenario Objects (Ruby)

This would add a date_created or date_last_committed field to Scenario Objects in the WSApplication.current_network.

It could be used to delete (or archive) old scenarios.

For example, this would allow users to write a ruby script that can loop through and delete any scenarios greater than 3 years old.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  3. Get the elapsed time of the simulation in ICM Exchange

It is not possible to get the information of the Job Control window with the current ICM Exchange, but it would be very useful to be able to create a dashboard using ICM Exchange to manage simulations and coordinators.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Assign InfoWorks Agent Groups by hostname prefix or wildcard

The InfoWorks Agent coordinator settings allow simulation machines to be grouped by hostname. However, when using Azure virtual machine scale sets (and likely other similar auto scaling cloud environments) a preconfigured hostname includes an incremental suffix (00001, 0000A...FFFFF) that cannot be predetermined. It would be useful if it was possible to assign machines to groups using just the initial characters of the hostname (without the suffix) or by using a wildcard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  5. Reintroduce ICM 11 searching for a viewer licence if a full licence isn't available

We use ICM version 7, 9 and 11 as per client requirements. We have 2 full licences and 2 viewer licences. When the full licences were already in use, ICM version 7 and 9 would automatically open with a viewer licence. This doesn't happen anymore with ICM 11 and I have to switch between different licence types through the licence key setup each time. Can you bring back the function from ICM 7 and 9?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. As a user, I would like to be able to import polygon with holes in it (donut) as subcatchments,

So that I can model situation part of the drainage area is not draining to the storm sewer system.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hydrology  ·  Admin →
    IN DISCUSSION  ·  pascal.lang responded

Have you attempted to do the import using the “Import as multi-part polygons” option on the Open Data Import Centre?

7. Allocate a subcatchment’s flows among several nodes

This is an idea from CDM Smith == I have an engine feature idea that has occurred to me at various times but never acted on. Today I was discussing an InfoWorks model with a junior colleague. It would clearly help us in this model to be able to allocate a subcatchment’s flows among several nodes, whether identically or according to specified proportions. In this case, we’re filling out an existing model that previously had all 10” and larger pipes in town to now include all the 8” as well, tripling the size of the model. We’re basing new subcatchments…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Hydrology  ·  Admin →
    RECEIVED  ·  pascal.lang responded

There is the ability to drain a subcatchment laterally to multiple links in InfoWorks ICM, would this be a close enough representation? When looking to split subcatchment flows across multiple nodes, this is usually achieved by splitting the subcatchments so there is one available for each node which is to be drained to.

8. As a user, I would like the computing time to be reported as clock time rather than CPU time in XPSWMM 2D

I just noticed this when trying to run a test on model speed. This is with the “CPU” Extreme option and 4 CPUs selected. The clock time is about 16 minutes, but the elapsed time is showing at 58 (close to 16x4). I think the ET is counting CPU time, and not clock time. While CPU time is interesting, I think it would be better to report clock time if you’re going to label it “Elapsed Time”.

Perhaps a separate “CPU Time” line would be appropriate when using multiple CPUs.

==============================================================

| XPSWMM/XPSTORM Simulation Date and Time Summary |

==============================================================

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Admin →
  9. Select objects outside polygon in SQL

In Infoworks ICM the SQL select has a spatial search option where I can, for example, select all nodes within a 2D zone.
    I am wanting to select all nodes outside the 2D zones, and this I am unable to do as inverting the selection will select all objects. not just nodes.
    I want to do this as I am only trying to run a subcatchment of a larger model and wish to change the node type of the nodes outside the 2D zone so they dont try to connect to the surface. Infoworks seems to prevent a model from…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Admin →
    IN DISCUSSION  ·  pascal.lang responded

Hello, thank you for this. In this particular example could you invert the selection, which I appreciate will select all objects other than the nodes inside the 2D zone and then hold down CTRL while opening the Nodes grid? This should open the nodes grid with only the selected nodes active so that the flood type can be changed if needed.

10. Interconnect 2 longprofiles

When 2 sim results are placed on 1 long profile (with the Open as alternate result option) only the water heights are used to visualize sim2. Sometimes these pipes have different invert levels which makes a comparison on 1 long profile rather useless. The alternative is to open 2 long profiles (one with sim1 and one with sim2) but playing through a simulation requires doing it step by step. Could a possibility be added to link the 2 long profiles so when Play is selected from the toobar, both simulation are played as the sims were on the same long…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Admin →
  11. TVD connector input fields longer than 64 characters

The "input" fields for TVD connectors are currently limited to 64 characters. I have TSDB streams with names longer than 64 characters, and I would like to be able to use those streams as inputs to the TVD connectors.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Live Modeling  ·  Admin →
  12. InfoSWMM from InfoSewer should allow the user to pick a scenario on import. It is a feature of InfoSWMM to convert an InfoSewer MXD and IE

We only allow the user to import the active scenario in InfoSewer. If a user does not have InfoSewer then he or she must guess which is the active scenario. It would better to have a dialog to allow the user to import their selected and needed scenario.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hyperlinks to specific pages not just files/documents

When adding hyperlinks to features within the properties, enable the ability to link to a specific page within the document itself rather than just a folder location or document opening on the first page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ground Surface Comparison with sceanarios

I am trying to calculate the excavation/fill volume by comparing my existing model with the proposed one. I know we can open simulation results with “As alternate results for comparison” which allows us to compare flooding depth from two different scenarios. I expect to have something like this for ground surface as well so that we can see the different ground elevation visually and/or numerically.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

MORE INFO NEEDED  ·  0 comments  ·  Terrain  ·  Admin →
  15. SuDS Structures ID Table

Is there a way to generate a table that lists all Suds Structures IDs? I would like to see this so that I can review total area applied, make changes quickly, and also complete QA checks easily.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support for different table schemas from SQL Server in the TSDB

We have a SQL Server database containing flow survey and rainfall data. All of the raw data is saved in one table and views are created for each monitor via a stored procedure,

We use schemas to control permissions on the database tables. Only the database owner can add or delete to the raw table (dbo schema) while any user can read from the views ("user interface" schema).

Currently, TSDB can see tables in any schema but can only read from those in the default (dbo) schema. Therefore, an error happens when trying to read from a view that has…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can Perth Coastal grid be included in the GIS (Custom Coordinate Systems)

I would like to have the ability to define custom project grids based on known coordinate systems.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

MORE INFO NEEDED  ·  pascal.lang responded

Would it be possible to expand on this request, is this is a projection being referenced, a rainfall grid or something else? Thanks.

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Realign Feature Tool

For XPSWMM and Infoworks (any GUI editor you have actually):

Moving an existing line substantially is something that occasionally happens. If we could do this without having to delete the entire thing, or click and drag each vertex one at a time, it would be a big help at times.

A new feature I’d like to see for lines/polygons is a ‘realign feature’ tool. When selected, if you clicked on a vertex in a line or on a polygon boundary (single click and release), it would ‘grab’ that vertex and allow you to move it. Once you place it by…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. As a user, I would like to have warnings about the landuse polygon size that will greatly slow down the performance in XPSWMM.

Large number of land use polygons can greatly slow down the performance of XPSWMM, it can take up to 10 min to open and save a model. Ideally this issue should be fixed. Before that happens, if XPSWMM can warn the user for the large size of the landuse polygons, and provide links to ways to simplify the polygons or move landuse out as a reference layer, that will save the users lots of time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base