Skip to content

Water Distribution

This form is now locked to allow us to transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

89 results found

1. Export InfoSurge results for external application

InfoWater can use the option to "Export simulation results for external application" to export selected results to DBF files. It would be nice to have this work for InfoSurge.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Persistent Graphs in InfoWater/InfoWater Pro

Stored graphs aren't that great. Why not just make graphs persistent? This is one area where competitors blow away InfoWater and InfoWater Pro. No contest.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ON ROADMAP  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  3. Multi-fireflow in WS Pro

Currently, the available built-in fireflow options in WS Pro run for individual nodes/hydrants as if no hydrant in the system is open. Adding the ability to run multiple hydrants that are opened simultaneously will be very useful.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Be able to change the background colour

In InfoWorks the background colour for the GeoPlan is white - it would be beneficial to change this colour to the users choice to make particular features stand-out more clearly in the GeoPlan view

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  5. water age - representing re-chlorination station by resetting age to 0 hrs

Depending on the size of the distribution/reticulation system water is often chlorination at the WTP and re-chlorinated at various locations within the network.

There is no way to reset the water age value at a reservoir or node etc. to represent a re-chlorination station. This makes it difficult to get an idea of the age of water in the reticulation since passing the last re-chlorination station.

Can this feature be added to the model?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Water Quality  ·  Admin →
  6. Node Name Generation Default

In WS PRO it would be great to be able to set Node Name Generation format as a default for all networks in a database instead of having to enter it in every time I want to add nodes to a network

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DISCUSSION  ·  Luca Serena responded

The functionality is already provided with the Digitisation Template in WS Pro. Please confirm what enhancement are you suggesting. Thanks

7. Support variable speed in live data

Variable speed is now an unsupported attribute in live data.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Telemetry  ·  Admin →
  8. Improvements to custom DB table fields

1. Ability to modify the length of custom fields in the DB tables after they have been created. This is particularly a problem when you create a text field, but realize later it is too short. Another option would be to make the default text length 250 characters rather than 20.
    2. Better manager for custom fields. The user should be able to create a field once and choose which information DB tables to add it to. See example at link. https://ibb.co/CbFKnn2
    5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  2 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve "update from live data" performance

big models with many live data points connected to control takes a long time to update.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Telemetry  ·  Admin →
  10. graph all sources on a singe graph in quality runs

The graphing tool in a quality run now only alows for two different sources. but I would like to know the consistency of water on any point in time of all defined scource nodes.
    E.G. the consistency of node X is 36% from source X, 13% from source Y, 29% from source Z and 22% from an unknown/undifined source.
    This would make water trace maps a lot more interesting.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Water Quality  ·  Admin →
  11. Optimize PRV Settings, including flow modulated PRVs

I want a tool that can help define the minimum pressure setting at a PRV to provide required pressure to downstream customers under expected demands.
    In addition, in cases where I have flow modulated PRV's, I want the tool to provide a curve of pressure set point versus system demands.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Data Sets

It would be very helpful if, for any data set that is created by creating a clone of another data set, you could keep track of that. Perhaps a visually branched system of data sets to see if any of the sets were created based on another set. That is how WaterGEMS shows their data sets (aka alternatives). Or some other way of keeping track of which data sets were cloned, with options for recording when it was cloned and a more in-depth description/reasoning.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sort selection sets/ re-order them

Would be very useful if you could either sort selection set orders or move selections up or down the list. This would make it much faster to find the selection set you want in a large list (e.g. DMA selection sets in alphabetical order)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  15. Option to display in the same time assignments of properties to nodes and to pipes

Add an option to map to display in the same time assignments of properties to nodes and to pipes. At the moment it is not possible as the 'Customer Point Demand Assignment' option is a radio button.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Engine  ·  Admin →
  16. Add new run groups and move existing runs to these

I’ve currently got one very big run group which should’ve really been split into several different ones.
    Is there a way to move around runs? In the explorer there’s only really the option to duplicate.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve model maintenance

As a user I want to be able automate my model build maintenance activity so that my hydraulic model always reflects the asset repository

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DISCUSSION  ·  1 comment  ·  Automation  ·  Admin →
  18. Copy all the scenarios from a Model

I would like to make a subsystem copy of a model (with different scenarios) that brings all the scenarios to the new model when I make a copy of the selected nodes and links.

At this moment, a copy only brings the current scenario.

Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Network Schematic for interaction with InfoWorks WS Pro models

I want to interact with my distribution network in a simplified schematic view, which displays DMA's and important control objects like pump stations and reservoirs.
    Software should be able to update the schematic based on changes to network connections, visualize by elevation with and connections and results, and then offer interaction primarily with control data.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. InfoWater results export improvements

The EXTAPPFILTER option is useful for automatically exporting results for use in other programs. However, the results are exported as DBF files with an identically named MDX file (for example, JUNCTOUT.DBF and JUNCTOUT.MDX). The presence of the MDX files causes errors when attempting to use the DBFs in MS Access or PowerBI. The only way to import the results into Access or PowerBI is to first delete the MDX files.

As far as I can tell, the MDX files serve no purpose; they are just an index. I suggest either (1) don't create the MDX files, or (2)…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base