Skip to content

Water Distribution

This form is now locked to allow us to transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

89 results found

1. Multiple control options

Assets with controls (Pumps, PRVs etc.) should have multiple control options.

So Control 1 could be a control regime applicable to model calibration.

Control 2 could be control relevant to a General Applications model,

Controls 3, 4, 5 etc could be used for modelling specific scenarios for analyses.

A tick box would enable (and disable) which control is used in the model run.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Create a ground model using LIDAR data in a .tif format

LIDAR data is now typically stored in a .tif format as opposed to .asc, and so it would be useful to be able to create a ground model in Infoworks WS Pro using .tif data.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. Statistics in Demand Field Suming

I notice that the software seems to sum the individual demands in the DB editor with their rounded values. This caused a significant discrepancy when summing the demands in the individual pressure zones but they didn't add up the to total system demand shown in the run report. It seems like the summation in the DB editor should not be rounding the individual demands and then doing a sum, but rather using the true demands (to the decimal place they was loaded) and then doing a sum and rounding that overall sum.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Consistency in Plots Titles for Simulation and Live Data Plot Reports

Consistency in Plots Titles for Simulation and Live Data Plot Reports

In Graph tool plot title include ‘Asset ID’ and ‘Node ID’ e.g. “Hausegill SR (Reservoir: 004T4011)”. However in the Simulation report in only shows ‘Node ID ‘ e.g. ”004T4011”
    Could it be made consistent and for the Simulation report to include both ‘Asset ID’ and ‘Node ID’ so plot titles are the same across different graphs components.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Water Quality  ·  Admin →
  6. Boundary trace toolbar shortcut

I often use the boundary trace tool to understand the extent of a DMA/PMA. Currently, we have to go to Geoplan -> Tracing Tools -> Boundary Trace, and it would be a lot easier if it was available as a toolbar shortcut.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  7. Access to UDF Data through DB Editor

In InfoWater Pro, the model data can be accessed through the DB Editor. The UDF tool does not have any access to the database tables through the DB Editor. It would be very helpful if I could gain access to the UDF tables through the DB Editor, even if it were just under the Advanced Application Data (for Advanced Users), which most users should not use. I ended up having to use a different application to gain access to the DB tables.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Temperature variation for the PSO bulk chlorine decay model in the MSQ module of InfoWorks

The reactive-constituent (PSO) chlorine decay model (Fisher et al. 2017) was provided to users in the MSQ module of InfoWorks in July 2020 (see the MSQ blog for details). A major advantage of this model is that only a single set of four model coefficients is required to characterize decay rate in a given bulk water throughout a distribution system, over a wide range of initial chlorine concentration and any number/size/timing of booster doses, at a single temperature.

Water temperature commonly differs by 20 degrees Celsius between summer and winter, causing reaction (decay) rates to differ typically by a factor…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Water Quality  ·  Admin →
  9. Making a run in WS/WSpro now a (big) list of yellow warnings pop up. By using an optional selection of (run)validation items not anymore

Making a run in WS/WSpro the input always gets fully validated including items not used. Those items creates a (big) list (e.g. 81.273) of yellow warnings. Besides run/validation time causes this a list of not wanted necessary warnings which makes it's possible to miss the real important warnings. It would be nicer to switch on/of default validation options in the Tab Tools/options/"used validation items"
    The possibility of the "engineering validation" group is not the solution.

Regards Jeroen Fietje Vitens (The Netherlands)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  10. Populate Pump run schedule based on telemetry data in WS Pro

As a planning modeler calibrating within WS Pro, I want to use the "Load from Live Data" tool on pumps in Plan mode to populate the Control Data timeseries profile based on a data stream of 1's and 0's indicating on/off.
    While this is already available in IWLive for realtime modeling, I want to leverage it for streamlined model calibration and analysis of historic events within WS Pro.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. WS Pro control should be based on current time step

Add option in WS Pro so that control status of objects is controlled by the flow solution in the current time step, not the previous time step. The way WS Pro currently works, with the control based on the previous TS often results in pump on/off status being incorrect and sometimes pump cycling on/off. It also breaks the fundamental steady state assumption of the solution.

I suppose this would require running iterations of each time step until the control solution/status converged, or something, but should be possible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Engine  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Customized Reports to Also Include Standard and Fireflow Results - Just Have One Result Table

Currently all model element information and results are separated between the DB Editor, Customizable Report, and Output Report/Graph. This is confusing and hard to export specific information together without having to combine it later in Excel or GIS. The main frustration is that the “Standard” or “Design Fireflow” in the Output Report/Graph results are completely separate from other information related to the model elements. As an example, it would be nice to export all fire flow results for junctions alongside any custom fields made in the DB Editor for easy referencing.
    In short, instead of having three types of tables…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  13. Include an "excluded search nodes" warning in fireflow output table

When the design pressure exceeds the static pressure at a particular node, that node will be excluded from a design fireflow model run. The output table should include a banner at the top listing the excluded nodes, as these can make a big difference in available flows and can easily be overlooked. Currently, this event is only described in the .RPT file (shown as "Summary of Excluded Search Nodes: due to static pressure < design pressure").

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Addition of Calendar function to DemandWatch Pro

The current DemandWatch Pro doesn't have any functionality to set national holidays, even though water consumption should change on holidays greatly. Some national holidays are different yearly, so it will be great if we can define national holidays in some ways in DemandWatch Pro.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New Feature is Active in All Scenarios Option (InfoWater/Pro)

Add a tools/options option so when you add new features they will be active in all scenarios, instead of getting errors 100 times for every scenario you try to run where the features were not included originally. This would be especially useful when using Intelliselection.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Modify How InfoSurge Counts Features for Licensing

We have 20,000-pipe InfoSurge licenses. We frequently have operational models larger than that, where we want to perform Surge modeling. Even if we deactivate portions of the network, InfoSurge still counts the total number of features. This wastes time deleting features to make a new model that is then possibly diverging from the original.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Simple Criticality Assessment Manager reporting in InfoWater Pro

I want a simple report for each pounded area between valves, reporting the length of pipe affected, number of customers, number of critical customers, amount of demand taken offline by isolation, and possibly the total volume of demand lost between a specified time range.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ON ROADMAP  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  18. I would like more informative error messages when trying to Change an ID

I tried to change the ID for a pump, but I overlooked the “Target Element Type” dropdown, which was automatically set to junction.

It took me a while to realize my mistake. It might be helpful to other users if the error messages/warnings (see below) were a bit more informative… I’d suggest something like “WARNING: Junction ID ‘P1240’ does not exist.” I think this would have helped me realize my error much sooner.

WARNING: unable to change Junction ID from 'P1240' to 'P1241'.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. As a user, I would like to automate importing network from any external software (Synergi, Epanet, Aquis etc,) in model group

To complete the initial model set up with Exchange tool, it will be great if importing external software is also automated, as this will enable us do the complete set up in one go without opening the model.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Admin →
  20. A simple way to straighten short links to display symbols more clearly

When using the "Expand Short Links" option I find that the expanded links will inherit some geometric points from the adjacent links, and hence symbols for valves, meters etc may not display too well if adjacent to a pipe bend. It would be useful to have a function to delete all bends from a selected group of links, so as to straighten the links out to enable symbols to be displayed more clearly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base