Skip to content

Water Distribution

This form is now locked to allow us to transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

89 results found

1. Edit Pump and Valve Curves in IWLive

IWLive is the perfect platform to examine how well valve and pump curves are simulating the actual behavior under a wide range of system conditions. If these could be modified in an incident run, it would save lots of time going back to WS to modify them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  2. Specify number of demands

I almost never need to use all 10 demand fields in InfoWater. The ability to specify the number of demand fields needed would save space in the demand DB table and in the Model Explorer window and make viewing these windows easier.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Automate concurrent Fireflow simulations

When you integrate InfoWater into the InfoWorks platform, it would be great if you could ensure that FireFlow simulations can be scheduled and automatically run sequentially for different network scenarios. As far as I am aware this is not possible using the exsiting InfoWater platform.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Admin →
  5. IWLive Pro to adopt simulation periods of ICMLive

Each simulation has a hindcast period, now and a forecast period

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. For fire flow simulations, I would like to have range reports for pipes, valves, pumps, reservoirs, and tanks.

For example, I would like to know the maximum, minimum, and average velocity through each PRV across all fire flow runs in a simulation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I want to combine the CLA with the generalised Multi Run in Infoworks WS Pro

I want to combine the CLA with the generalised Multi Run in Infoworks WS Pro. We use Critical link analyses. After these runs we analyse with script in exchange. As result we get of every pipe the maximum flow in relation with the isolation_area. We use this to define the classes of the pipe. But also how many Customers effected related to the demand efficiency grades. Then you know the capacity of a backup pipe. SO it would be nice that you can use Multi Generalised Multi Run (only keep the query results after a run) in combination of Critical…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Admin →
  8. Add multiple rows to the InfoWater "Rule Header" DB table

In the "Pipe Control" or "Node Control" DB tables, I can insert or append multiple rows at once. In the "Rule Header" DB table, I can only insert or append one row at a time, and each row must have an ID.
    Please make the behavior of this table consistent with the other control tables and allow adding multiple rows at the same time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  9. I want more flexible shutdown runs

e.g.: I want to be able to evaluate shutdwon of pumping stations in 1 one run, now I have to create a seperate run for each pumping station. A workaround I use is closing links with a GRM config, but this only shuts down links for the whole simulation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Critical Node Pressure at Design Flow

Please add a column in the Fireflow Design results that displays the "Critical Node Pressure at Design Flow". The column titled “Critical Pressure for Design Run” currently displays the input criteria as it can vary for each node. However, this is not as useful when troubleshooting or reviewing the model results. As an example, if a fire flow run is velocity limited it would be nice to know the lowest pressure node and its pressure in the critical node search domain. It may not have reached the minimum pressure if limited by the velocity constraint (i.e. how close did the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Default Symbol and Map Display

Please allow the option to choose the default symbol (InfoWater Model Preferences) and Map Display symbol from the "Styles" built into ArcGIS Pro. Both ESRI and my company have custom .stylx files that house our custom symbols for points, polylines, and polygons. Having the option to chose the default style from these pre-populated styles would be fantastic. Currently, the options to change the symbol feel like it limits the modeler to changing either the color or the size.

To see where these styles live in ArcGIS Pro, head to the View tab, click on Catalog Pane, then drop down the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide a Standard Warehouse of new assets

Allow the company that is running the software to define a standard warehouse of new assets so the modellers using it know the assets they are adding have the settings (diameters) of the actual assets or pipes that particular company uses.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change the default colour of the background from white to other colours

Change the default colour of the background from white to other colours to help the user interface and improve the user experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow the InfoWater Pro "Live Data Adapter" to use non-live data

The Live Data Adapter can be a powerful tool for calibrating models, but is difficult to set up. Many times, you don't have permission to connect to the SCADA historian database. Right now, it only supports ClearSCADA, PI, SQL Server, and Oracle, formats which require familiarity with these databases. If the tool could connect to Excel, CSV, or Access DB files, it would be more flexible and useful to all users.

Alternatively, update the "Real-Time Data Connection" feature (Command Center>Edit) to allow for gap analysis.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Display Warnings when Tank Stage/Volume Curve Inconsistent with Levels

As far as I can tell this is an EPANET bug, but say your tank levels are set to minimum 4 and maximum 20. If you have a stage/volume curve that goes below 4, your tank will supply water forever from a level of 4 feet.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  16. inlet riser option for tank

Have an option to specify an Inlet Riser Pipe for the tank element. This would hold the fill head at a constant, set at the riser pipe elevation, but allow the tank discharge head vary with the tank level.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I want to be able to customize the minor loss table for pipe networks.

It would be nice if the user could modify the minor loss table for pipes. Whether it be changing the minor loss values, deleting, or editing the existing values. Since we all have our own resource we typical reference for these values, it would be nice to import those values and have that database saved in Infowater to make it easy to add all bends, etc. while building a model.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. CAM Enhancement

CAM Enhancements

A few things to consider that I think would make your tool better than others I have seen/used:

1. The ability to export the pounded areas into GIS. It seems to me this shouldn’t be difficult as you are color coding them now in your software
    2. The ability to export the other results to GIS like closed elements, isolated junctions, etc… into GIS.
    3. The ability to identify the number of customers (i.e. meters) and the number of critical customers (i.e. meters) isolated for each pounded area. This would require a GIS point layer with meters associated with pipes and…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  19. I want to be able to put be able to customize what shows up in "pipes to flush" box

Would like to be able to use any attribute within feature class in "pipes to flush" box so that can be easier to customize and communicate with field team

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Water Quality  ·  Admin →
  20. InfoWater: Report volume stored in tanks

I can calculate volume from level, but it's an extra step and requires that I copy the run results out to Excel. It's even more difficult if I have a non-circular tank. Please include tank volume in the tank results and in the "System Demand" report.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base