Skip to content

Storm Sewer & Flood Modeling

Welcome to the Innovyze Stormwater, Sewer, and Flood modeling feedback page.

This forum is now locked as we transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

370 results found

1. Export river cross sections for an ICM model

At present, ICM river cross sections can only be exported to dwg one by one. It would be helpful to be able to export all the modelled cross sections in a single operation (eg via data export centre)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. ICM - Statistics Template: Daily events

I want to be able to break my events into daily values. Currently this would require setting up 7 separate templates each with the unique day set under the 'Time Window' button. I want a tick option added that will allow me to do this within the single template.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Water Quality  ·  Admin →
  3. Run a SQL Query that requires sim and sim2 to be active from ICM Exchange

I would like to run a SQL query from ICM Exchange that requires two simulations to be active. I would like to be able to call multiple simulations simultaneously from Exchange.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Date Properties to Scenario Objects (Ruby)

This would add a date_created or date_last_committed field to Scenario Objects in the WSApplication.current_network.

It could be used to delete (or archive) old scenarios.

For example, this would allow users to write a ruby script that can loop through and delete any scenarios greater than 3 years old.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  5. Get the elapsed time of the simulation in ICM Exchange

It is not possible to get the information of the Job Control window with the current ICM Exchange, but it would be very useful to be able to create a dashboard using ICM Exchange to manage simulations and coordinators.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Assign InfoWorks Agent Groups by hostname prefix or wildcard

The InfoWorks Agent coordinator settings allow simulation machines to be grouped by hostname. However, when using Azure virtual machine scale sets (and likely other similar auto scaling cloud environments) a preconfigured hostname includes an incremental suffix (00001, 0000A...FFFFF) that cannot be predetermined. It would be useful if it was possible to assign machines to groups using just the initial characters of the hostname (without the suffix) or by using a wildcard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  7. Selection List Subtraction

I was looking for a way to subtract one selection list from another. In other words, we would like to remove overlaps between selection sets but it seems there is no way to do that easily in ICM.

It is highly recommended to include this feature for future versions as competitors such as Bentley SewerGEMS have already had this for years now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Admin →
  8. Using SWMM5 treatment equations at a node or link in ICM Networks

Users would like to use SWMM5 Buildup Washoff in ICM Networks AND the SWMM5 treatment equations at a node or link in the ICM St Venant solution.

ICM SWMM networks have both options but for the purposes of using the powerful routing solution in ICM - It would be good to have at least a treatment feature at node/link even as a simple percentage pollutant removal LID/SuDS do have this simple BMP water quality removal.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  2 comments  ·  Water Quality  ·  Admin →
  9. I want to be able to open a layer list using Exchange (Ruby)

As part of a ruby script, I would like to add a specific layer list to a network to enable a Spatial SQL to be run. This script needs to be run on all our networks as part of a regular update. We have 1100 models which would require an extensive manual activity.

There is an existing method "WSOpenNetwork.openmolayer_list" but this i sonly available internally to Innovyze. Could you please make it available to all?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Management of Siltation module within ICM Live

As part of our ICM Live system we use the Siltation module. While this creates a dynamic siltation on each pipe, there isn't an easy way to manage it. Once a pipe is cleaned we need to stop the live model and potentially apply all the dynamic silt levels to the conduits as if they were observed and restart the siltation module form scratch. We need a better way. Could we have a job created for PPM (as in InfoAsset) that would reset the dynamic value on specific pipes. This could be linked to InfoAsset?

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Live Modeling  ·  Admin →
  11. TSDBs to produce logs of SQL queries

This is important to assist troubleshooting issues related with TSDB performance during implementation and maintenance of TSDBs. The log should include the exact queries produced by their streams when data is updated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Admin →
  12. Promote recently used flags

It would help if your recently used flags were promoted to the top of the flags list.

For example, I am updating flags for some manhole surveys (flagged "SM"). Alphabetically, SM is close to the bottom of the list which means I have to scroll to find the flag. For each manhole, I am probably updating 10-15 flags each time so removing the scroll element of the flag update would save some time and frustration.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  2 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  13. Add sub-grid sampling functionality to the ICM 2D engine

And sub-grid sampling visualizations, please :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Admin →
  14. Change coordinate system of a model more easily

We have a large project running for several years and our design team is working in one coordinate frame. Our clients models are all in another coordinate frame. Our team would like to reproject the models into the design coordinate frame but there is no easy way of doing this. Currently, we are exporting the models to TAB files (table by table) and importing them again after changing the coordinate system. This is time consuming and introduces a lot of potential for human error. There is also no way to (I know of) to maintain all the scenarios so we…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Visualization  ·  Admin →
  15. Add 2D result labels for ICM mesh elements

I would like to display the 2D results (depth, elevation, velocity) at each individual GRID cell using labels.
    This is currently available in XPSWMM, so I would like the same functionality in InfoWorks ICM as I would rather not have to export the data to GIS.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Admin →
  16. Pruning does not sub reassign drainage links correctly

When pruning, subcatchment drainage manholes are reassigned to the first modeled downstream manhole. However, when pruning subcatchments that drain to single or multiple links, ICM gives incorrect results in some cases and doesn't work at all in other cases, which then causes validation errors after pruning. I submitted this as a bug since it gives incorrect results, but Innovyze asked me to submit is as a "feature request". So please vote for this so it can be fixed and work correctly.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  17. Sub catchment Ground Slope

Currently ICM isn't equipped with the tools to calculate the slope from an underlying ground model or 2D zone so this will need to be determined outside of the program. Can you include the ability for the program to calculate an average catchment slope based on the 2D mesh data or ground model within each sub catchment as an option if this has not been done outside of ICM?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydrology  ·  Admin →
  18. Updating a model in ICM Live is overly complicated and currently results in loss of data from previously ran simulations

The current process to update a model in ICM live is overly complicated and is currently not simple to grasp. This currently requires the removal of all runs from a particular manifest before you can remove and update the model being used. A simpler way to do this would be beneficial, including a methodology which does not require the removal of earlier simulations as this is not immediately obvious that this is a requirement . Ideally this process should be made easier in future releases. Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Live Modeling  ·  Admin →
  19. Consistent SHP Export Data Fields for 2D mesh elements in ICM

A simulation result can be exported to SHP files by right clicking the icon and choosing the Export menu. When the result is exported for a specific timestamp, some underlying data fields are not exported such as the elevation and area of a 2D element. When we need such data fields, the maximum state should be exported.
    We wanted to investigate the ground levels of 2D meshes in my model, and were a bit confused to find the data was not included, as the export was done for the peak of a rainfall. Contacting the support team, we learned that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Admin →
  20. Show worst case analysis on long sections

I would like to be able to see the worst case across multiple simulations (highest water levels) along the 1d network when reviewing results. Essentially being able to visualize statistical report results in a long section.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 18 19

Feedback and Knowledge Base