Skip to content

Storm Sewer & Flood Modeling

Welcome to the Innovyze Stormwater, Sewer, and Flood modeling feedback page.

This forum is now locked as we transition to https://innovyzefeedback.autodesk.com
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

370 results found

1. Spread automatic inserted vertices in Bank Lines equally

The "Update from ground model" provides the option to “Insert vertices on lines to give maximum spacing of x m”. This is very useful for creating Bank Line vertices at small intervals. It would be helpful if those inserted vertices are spread equally over the Bank Line section.

At the moment new vertices are created at the specified interval (e.g. 10m), which often results in new vertices created very close to the existing downstream Cross-section end vertices. This can result in tiny internal triangles during meshing.

Spreading out the inserted vertices at equal distance over the Bank Line will provide…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  River Modeling  ·  Admin →
  2. As a user I want to change the amount of decimals when applying Autolabels in Infoworks ICM

I want to change the amount of decimals when I apply Autolabels in Properties and Themes. Right now the default is three decimal places which I cannot edit.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Visualization  ·  Admin →
  3. Transportabele database (.icmt) containing an earlier version of the commited network without losing the commit history

For the moment we can only 'branch' an earlier version from the commit history interface or 'copy' this earlier version.
    - the branch can't be disconnected from the 'mother' network
    - the copy looses the commit history
    It would be nice to deliver a .icmt file that contains only the earlier version of a network we are working on including the commit history and detached from the original network, so no branch.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. Rename Pages in Observed vs Predicted Graphs to Flow Monitor/ Depth Monitor nos

Provide way to rename Pages on Observed vs Predicted Graphs to Flow Monitor/ Depth Monitor nos. If there are considerable nos of FM/ DMs, an individual has to go through page nos to find out which FM is checked/verified. Facility to rename the pages to relevant FM/DM would help quick viewing of graphs.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Calibration  ·  Admin →
  5. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  2D Flooding  ·  Admin →
  6. Long-sections: Centre Geoplan on the selected link

It would be handy if the Geoplan centred on the selected link when selecting a long section. It seems every time select a long-section the windows split into two halves, one for the geoplan, the other for the long-section. As a result the link I just selected is seldom visible in the geoplan frame, meaning I have to manually re-center the geoplan before I can carry on selecting links for the long section.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Admin →
  7. Implement the Nash-Sutcliffe coefficient to evaluate the quality of the calibration

Developp this tool would help the customer to analyze their calibration and justify the used coefficients.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Calibration  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to access databases where Workgroup Data Server and databases don't reside on same server

With the large amounts of data generated it would be beneficial if a supported configuration would be to have a WDS installed on a server but pointing at databases (and solves etc) over the network on a remote storage system (such as NAS). This would make the whole solution far more scalable as the need arose.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  9. Have multiple Workgroup Data Servers

I want to be able to segregate databases between different parts of the business so they only have visibility of, and access those specific to them. Having the ability to install multiple WDS on a single server makes sense from a cost/configuration/data segregation perspective but currently this isn't possible.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DISCUSSION  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  10. Python scripting API for ICM

Our team uses Python scripting extensively for data analysis and manipulation, while Ruby is foreign to us.
    Please provide scripting support for Python for model manipulation and analysis.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  11. I want Long-Sections of a pipe to show the unconnected pipes which cross

On a Long-Section of a pipe, I would like ICM to show the unconnected pipes which cross that long-section. This would illustrate potential pipe clashes.

I imagine the unconnected pipes would be shown as circles on the long-section similar to how connected pipes are currently shown.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea.

We need more information on the problem of pipe clashes. Are these unconnected pipes in the model or are they referencing Asset networks, or Water networks?

How granular of a view does one need? I.e. are you interesting in generally where these crossing occur, or are you trying to identify how close you can cross something else?

12. Auto themes

When themes are set and the upper and lower values for a set of themes have been defined, the auto themes button starts with the non linear interpolation between the minimum and maximum value, it would be great if this interpolation could initially be done linearly and if the other options came secondary to this.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ON ROADMAP  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  13. Bridge section data updates

When a bridge section is changed then there are repeatable tasks for entering openings again, if this workflow could be improved that would be great.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  14. Use TSDB data streams in flexible graphs

Currently, I can graph individual TSDB streams, or once a simulation has run compare a TSDB stream with modelled data at a particular node. But it would be helpful if I could compare TSDB streams with other TSDB streams, or with multiple model locations, or with many other possibilities that I cant immediately think of.

The flexible custom graph already allows me to do that with modelled data and with data from events (rainfall, observed levels, etc): adding the ability to use TSDB streams would make this already useful function even more powerful.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Admin →
  15. RTC updated to support scripting

It would be good to have RTCs available through direct scripting rather than through the RTC editor alone.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Productivity  ·  Admin →
  16. Create an RTC field within object properties in ICM

Currently in order to establish where & how RTC's are influencing a network, you are required to open the RTC editor window / expand each individual RTC to see all the details & cross reference any object ID's to see if it may be affecting an area you are interested in. This is time consuming and not practical for larger models which may have dozens of RTC's active.

If there was a field within each object that could indicate if RTC had been applied and reference it (in a similar fashion to head discharge tables), this would be helpful and…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Visualization  ·  Admin →
  17. Export statistical template results automatically as part of the manifest.

Particularly CSO spill statistics - enabling models to be run maybe weekly with historical data, the statistics exported - spill nr, duration and particularly predicted volume. This data can then be analysed in tools outside of ICMLive. This data would significantly enhance the understanding of CSO spills by adding volume to the normal Event Duration Monitoring

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Live Modeling  ·  Admin →
  18. Pump Station Modelling

Infoworks ICM pump station modelling principle is very basic, adding a pump between two nodes is highly hypothetical. There is no way to add pump station head losses.
    I would like to suggest incorporating pump station modelling (for Rotodynamic pumps) with pump curve and system curve theory. Then the model results would be much more realistic.
    There must be a tool to incorporate all the accessories in pump stations, between two nodes. Like pump station type, drywall wet well. And Parameters to calculate Pump suction and discharge losses, like all fittings, non-return valves, discharge valves, flow meters etc. This would…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  1 comment  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Admin →
  19. Seamless Import/Export of Civil 3d pipe networks into ICM.

Seamless Import/Export of Civil 3d pipe networks into ICM. It just make sense now the companies are joined rather than having to work-around/manipulate data between the two.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ON ROADMAP  ·  1 comment  ·  Data Exchange  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow the user to choose the flood type of pond or storage nodes

Allow the user to choose the flood type of pond or storage nodes from a drop down as is the case for manholes. As opposed to the current state where the flood type depends on the relationship between the highest level entry in the storage array and the ground level of the node.

From help file: "Storage nodes or ponds can flood. If the highest level entry is below ground level, the pond is considered to have a roof at that level and is therefore sealed. If the highest level entry is equal to the ground level then any water…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RECEIVED  ·  0 comments  ·  Hydraulics  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base